PDA

View Full Version : Different routes to Louisville; Dutrow on Florida Derby

Grits
03-16-2010, 08:33 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/111470.html

http://www.drf.com/news/article/111468.html

joanied
03-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks for posting those articles, Grits...some interesting stuff in both...I was especially interested in Dutrow...he sure has been under the radar this year.

I do hope Baffert sends Lucky back to AR. and skips the SA Derby.

The plot thickens:jump:

Tom
03-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Baffert said today on ATR he was leaning to the AR.
Eskenderyia is heading to the Wood. When Baffert heard this from Haskel, there was a long pause. Then he half joked, "Maybe we'll go to the Wood too."

joanied
03-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Baffert said today on ATR he was leaning to the AR.
Eskenderyia is heading to the Wood. When Baffert heard this from Haskel, there was a long pause. Then he half joked, "Maybe we'll go to the Wood too."

Man, I just love Baffert...and hope he does go to NY instead...now that'd be a hell of a Wood:ThmbUp:

Tom
03-17-2010, 03:42 PM
I love listening to him on ATR - he is a great interview.

Bettowin
03-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Looking For Lucky was scheduled to stay at Oaklawn until tomorrow and then head back to Cali. After the race Baffert said they would reconsider and see how he comes out of the race and might stay at Oaklawn until the Arkansas Derby.

That makes much more sense than flying back and forth. After the Ark Derby he can pack up and head to Louisville. IMO, this colt will only get better winning the Ark Derby and being a major force in KY.

joanied
03-17-2010, 06:23 PM
I love listening to him on ATR - he is a great interview.

Indeed he is...I'd love spending even 5 minutes with him :jump:

joanied
03-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Looking For Lucky was scheduled to stay at Oaklawn until tomorrow and then head back to Cali. After the race Baffert said they would reconsider and see how he comes out of the race and might stay at Oaklawn until the Arkansas Derby.

That makes much more sense than flying back and forth. After the Ark Derby he can pack up and head to Louisville. IMO, this colt will only get better winning the Ark Derby and being a major force in KY.

Staying at Oaklawn would make sense...regardless of how well a horse travels, it still takes a little out of them...just like it does most folks.
I've been on Lucky since early last year, and there doesn't seem to be any reason for me to get off him...I mean, what's not to like about this colt:jump: