PDA

View Full Version : T'bred racing falls further behind

DJofSD
03-15-2010, 11:44 PM
It was announced earlier today that the upcoming U. S. Master's golf tournament will be broadcast in 3D. Wow!

Being new to golf myself, I can atest this will be really appreciated by those that play. The one example I can speak to personally would be the 3rd at Torrey Pines south. Seeing it in person, watching it being played was a heck of a lot more impressive than watching it on TV, even in HD. You just do not get the feeling of how much slope there is to the green and what the different challenges were to the player depending upon if he was to the right, left or below the cup.

Will T'bred racing realize that 3D will offer something more to the racing enthusiast? I really doubt it.

Robert Fischer
03-16-2010, 12:05 AM
3D would be pretty slick.

Racing doesn't really have much of any national broadcast effort at all right now though.

Deepsix
03-16-2010, 12:12 AM
From what I've read 3d is just beginning to emerge on the market and it takes a 3d capable TV (plus 3d glasses) to view. I looked about a month ago and it was like $4000-$5000 for a large (55"-60") 3d TV and there is almost no 3d programing available yet.

Give it a few years.