View Full Version : Up or Down Vote

bigmack
03-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Big Barry wants an up or down vote now.

How's tomorrow around 2ish?

Let's wrap up this BS

ArlJim78
03-15-2010, 02:02 PM
at the "bi-partisan" health care summit Obama said over and over that the time for talk is over, that the campaign was over, and that the American people demand an up or down vote. (where he gets that idea I'm not sure, everywhere I look it shows that the American people are demanding that they cease and desist on the current plans)

since the summit he and his staff have been talking and campaigning endlessly about how close they are, he has been making numerous campaign stops around the country talking up his plan, and instead of an up or down vote the democrats are concocting an unconstitutional gimmick to actually avoid an up or down vote on the senate bill appropriately namel the Slaughter solution.

johnhannibalsmith
03-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Votes only occur when the result has been predetermined. Why is it called a vote?

boxcar
03-15-2010, 02:47 PM

Let's wrap up this BS

Pelosi plans on doing this Sunday the 21st. I bet she still doesn't have the votes, otherwise this would have been a done deal by now.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
03-16-2010, 12:40 AM

Let's wrap up this BSFOMC announcement...

prospector
03-16-2010, 10:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTY_HLKfrsI :)

PaceAdvantage
03-16-2010, 09:34 PM
FOMC announcement...Wow, I completely read that wrong...I thought he was asking "What's tomorrow around 2ish...."

:lol:

Shows you where my mind was at....:lol: :lol:

bigmack
03-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Wow, I completely read that wrong...I thought he was asking "What's tomorrow around 2ish...."
I saw that yessaday, looked it up and thought, he ain't thinkin' what I think he's thinkin', is he? Sure as shit.

You're one odd duck, buckaroo. :D

boxcar
03-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Votes only occur when the result has been predetermined. Why is it called a vote?

This is precisely the logic these bottom feeders will use when they invoke the "Slaughter Rule", i.e. votes are mere formalities and a waste of precious time, so let's just issue a decree from the House that we passed the Senate bill.

Boxcar

newtothegame
03-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Ahhh but the constitutionality of this process will meet many challenges ahead. There is already previous SC ruling in these matters. The most recent happening in 1998 I believe.
And as for Obummer....thought he wanted an up or down vote? Now it seems they will not have a vote at all...just a decree saying "we passed it and deem it ok" lol.
In their small minds, they think somehow that by NOT actually voting, that this will somehow save them come Novenmber. Then they will be able to tell their constituents "well I didnt vote for it"...
And as I have said previously.....
Pass the damn thing already...and lets get to November!!!!!!!!

johnhannibalsmith
03-17-2010, 12:47 AM
This is precisely the logic these bottom feeders will use when they invoke the "Slaughter Rule", i.e. votes are mere formalities and a waste of precious time, so let's just issue a decree from the House that we passed the Senate bill.

Boxcar

I'm going to disagree. The Slaughter Rule is designed to avoid an undesirable result of a vote, not to affirm a predetermined result. I'll take the phony baloney vote now, please. :)

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2010, 12:58 AM
I saw that yessaday, looked it up and thought, he ain't thinkin' what I think he's thinkin', is he? Sure as shit.

You're one odd duck, buckaroo. :DI'm a wannabee professional trader...FOMC releases are one of the more interesting times to be watching the markets...what can I tell you? :lol: