PDA

View Full Version : TVG network

LutherCalvin
07-09-2003, 11:31 AM
I'm thinking about opening an account with the TVG network. Has anybody had any experience with them? A charge of 25 cents per wager (regardless of size) seems ok. Any advice or info I should know?

sq764
07-09-2003, 11:38 AM
I think anytime they charge for a wager its total crap.

There are plenty of other services that do not charge for your wagers, I would go with them (Youbet, Brisbet, HPI, EbetUSA)

pic6vic
07-09-2003, 11:54 AM
Luther

I have both youbet and TVG. Youbet has a better streaming video. I have DSL anf TVG's video is bad. Also TVG will not have the Magna tracks. I:E Santa Anita, Gulfstream etc.

The only advantage of TVG is they have a booth at Hollywood and i can get my money instantly by going to the track.

Suff
07-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by LutherCalvin
I'm thinking about opening an account with the TVG network. Has anybody had any experience with them? A charge of 25 cents per wager (regardless of size) seems ok. Any advice or info I should know?

They Cap the fee at $20.00. Basically its an account fee of $20.00 if your a regular wager.

After 80 wagers there is no fee. So if you make 100's of wagers a month the per bet fee is "decimals" per bet.

I use them. IMHO the best quality VIDEO and Audio of all I"ve tried and used. They also have alot more more information on each race. Not things I use... But speed figures and mini-race anaylsis at the majors.

TVG is ok. They all need to improve dramatically. None of them "knock your socks off" anyway. Track coverage and personal preference are the salient points. Because they are all ho-hum to me.

BillW
07-09-2003, 01:13 PM
LutherCalvin,

I don't think they offer service in Ill. Something you'll have to deal with.

http://www.tvgnetwork.com/textonly/help/faq.asp

Bill

Alc
07-09-2003, 03:28 PM
Just in principle, do not understand why anyone would pay additional fees to wager considering all of the free services that are available. Brisbet offers more perks , including free PPs, with no additional wager taxes.

BillW
07-09-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Alc
Just in principle, do not understand why anyone would pay additional fees to wager considering all of the free services that are available. Brisbet offers more perks , including free PPs, with no additional wager taxes.

Alc,

There aren't that many services available. Most services are available in only a few states resulting in each state not having the menu we would all like to see.

Bill

racing411.com
07-09-2003, 11:39 PM
please read this report, it'll clear some points up regarding TVG.

http://www.racing411.com/off-track-betting.shtml

Figman
07-10-2003, 12:36 AM
Racing 411
Your research is faulty. There is no surcharge on phone account bets at NYCOTB. It has been that way for the past decade. You may be confused with bets at a NYC OTB branch where a surcharge is imposed. Further, its three teletheaters pay ontrack prices.

racing411.com
07-10-2003, 07:31 AM
good morning fig,

the topic of the thread was tvg's surcharges, which was addressed in my post. for the casual player, it comes out to quite a high percentage of their monthly bankroll. that was the point my post was stressing. I am double checking your point regarding NYCOTB's fees. I always look for feedback on my data and am willing to correct it if there are any inaccuracies. I'll post back when I confirm the data. thanks.

my point regarding this thread however is very accurate & considering the very realistic example I use, it's robbery.

MikeDee
07-10-2003, 07:40 AM
I don't have a problem with anyone charging for their services. Players can make a price/value decision to use the service or go elswhere.

I strongly object to anyone taking fees out of my bank roll to pay for services. I don't want anything coming out of my wager account except wagers. Bill me for your services via credit card or what ever, but don't touch my wagering bank roll.

Youbet asked their customers what they wanted and they got the message. TVG hasn't figured it out yet.

It's not the amount of the fee, it's the principal and companies that pull this crap don't understand their customers.

Figman
07-10-2003, 08:29 AM
Racing 411
This might help your research. It is the NY law regarding phone wagering. Pay attention to 2b. It's been suspended for over a decade!
* § 1012. Telephone accounts and telephone wagering. Any regional off-track betting corporation, and any non-profit racing association or harness, thoroughbred, quarter horse racing association or corporation licensed to conduct pari-mutuel racing may maintain telephone betting accounts for wagers placed on races and special events offered by such corporation, corporation or association.
1. Any regional off-track betting corporation and any non-profit racing association or harness, thoroughbred, quarter horse racing association or corporation licensed to conduct pari-mutuel racing may require a minimum account balance in an amount to be determined by such entity.
2. a. Any regional off-track betting corporation may suspend collection of the surcharge imposed under section five hundred thirty-two of this chapter on winning wagers placed in telephone accounts maintained by such regional corporation.
b. In a city of one million or more any regional off-track betting corporation, with the approval of the mayor of such city, may suspend collection of the surcharge imposed under section five hundred thirty-two of this chapter in winning wagers placed in telephone accounts maintained by such regional corporation.
3. Any telephone account maintained by a regional off-track betting corporation, non-profit racing association or harness, thoroughbred, quarter horse association or corporation, with inactivity for a period of three years shall be forfeited and paid to the commissioner of taxation and finance. Such amounts when collected shall be paid by the commissioner of taxation and finance into the general fund of the state treasury.
4. The maintenance and operation of such telephone accounts provided for in this section shall be subject to rules and regulations of the state racing and wagering board. The board shall include in such regulation a requirement that telephone account information pertaining to surcharge and nonsurcharge telephone accounts shall be separately reported.
5. The provisions of this section shall expire and be of no further force and effect after June thirtieth, two thousand seven.
* NB Expires June 30, 2007