PDA

View Full Version : What Will The Apple Blossom Look Like Now?

OntheRail
03-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Now that the bloom is off the Blossom.... what will the field be who still lines up in the gate 4-9?

Will some of the top mares still run?

Maybe Cecil could put a bounty out on Zen say add 500 grand to any one that beats Z in the AB. :D

I mean he was willing to go 5 mil to rush along the race between Z and RA.

Hey 10% at short odds of paying out but could still have a top rate race.

Wonder if Zardana will show up or Shirreffs and Moss convince Arnold Zetcher that she's not a good fit for the AB. :rolleyes:

johnhannibalsmith
03-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I suspect that if Zenyatta goes as planned, the interest in the race will drop off precipitously from many of the others. A few days ago, they were getting $100,000 for running tenth and about a half-million for running third. Now they are getting $50,000 for running third.

bisket
03-15-2010, 03:23 PM
another well paying workout for zenyatta

tzipi
03-15-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm pretty sure Zen's gonna go as planned.

Phantombridgejumpe
03-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Maybe you weren't doing this, but hard to blame this on Zenyatta.

What more do you want the horse to do, tried to retire undefeated, but lost HOY and had the potential for some huge pay days ahead against Rachel.

I guess my question to all would be what would Zenyatta have to do in order to impress you?

bisket
03-15-2010, 03:36 PM

What more do you want the horse to do, tried to retire undefeated, but lost HOY and had the potential for some huge pay days ahead against Rachel.

I guess my question to all would be what would Zenyatta have to do in order to impress you?
zenyatta will pass rachel in the stretch just like every other horse she's raced. i'm already impressed. i'd just like everyone to know what i already know. she's the fastest horsey of them all!! bottom line thats what the game is all about: my horsey is faster than your horsey. if the game bets back to that simple fact. it will be as big as its ever been.

tzipi
03-15-2010, 03:41 PM

I don't think anyone here blamed Zenyatta. For what? Zenyatta doesn't have to impress me. She's already done that. I'd like to see her conquer the best on dirt this year though. She desrves her shot at everything.

There's are a ton of big pay days out there and really is it about money for the horse or owners? Goto the Dubai Cup if it's about money. It's only mid March. There's a whole year left. Why do people think the season ends early April?? Zen and RA could face eachother 3 times this year. We got 7 more months of racing guys and gals. Let's enjoy it :)

tzipi
03-15-2010, 03:47 PM
zenyatta will pass rachel in the stretch just like every other horse she's raced. i'm already impressed. i'd just like everyone to know what i already know. she's the fastest horsey of them all!! bottom line thats what the game is all about: my horsey is faster than your horsey. if the game bets back to that simple fact. it will be as big as its ever been.

If she races all over(dirt and synth?)facing the best and beats them all, then I agree she's surely the fastest of em all this year :ThmbUp:. She's special and Moss should be showing it off. These horses come along once in a lifetime if you're lucky.
If she passes RA in the stretch this year,awesome. I just have to see the race first. I remember reading how Alydar was going to whip Affirmed in TC and everyother race after Alydar beat him twice. Can't call a race till they hit the wire. We should've all learned that from Grunder :lol:

bisket
03-15-2010, 03:57 PM
got news for ya she was faster last year, but the owner prevented her from proving it.

46zilzal
03-15-2010, 03:59 PM
That all depends on WHERE and at WHAT distance they run, and true she has not run her maximum yet

tzipi
03-15-2010, 04:02 PM
got news for ya she was faster last year, but the owner prevented her from proving it.

No news. Their times and beyers can be compared if you want for fun but they didn't race. You don't know and I don't now who would've won. They didn't face eachother. Hopefully this years they will and I'm sure it's going to be great. We got all year :ThmbUp: .

bisket
03-15-2010, 04:34 PM
beyers will not capture zens racing ability. i bet horses like her all the time because of this. its pretty simple. beyers measure the degree in which speed drops from start to finish. the figs don't work in reverse correctly. a horse that finishes faster than they start will never be given its due with speed figs. so comparing beyers is pointless. boy i wonder what kinda horse kelso would be considered today. probably not in high esteem at all.

tzipi
03-15-2010, 04:47 PM
So comparing beyers is pointless. boy i wonder what kinda horse kelso would be considered today. probably not in high esteem at all.

Yeah beyers are a bit telling but they are just a number and don't tell a whole story. But anyway, they didn't faced eachother last year so I can't say who would've won. Who knows. That's all.

You're probably right about Kelso. He lost 5 out of his 6 layoff prep races running some really bad races, one was an allowance prep race loss at .40. Some people here would've been all over him for his numbers and his comeback races.

Anyway let's hope they run a few times together this year including the BC. Would be great whoever wins :)

46zilzal
03-15-2010, 05:04 PM
beyers will not capture zens racing ability. i bet horses like her all the time because of this. its pretty simple. beyers measure the degree in which speed drops from start to finish. .
THEY DO NOT, they say NOTHING about deceleration and are based only on final time

NikeUnlimited
03-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Will the Apple Blossom still be on that Friday? Or will they move it back to its original date?

bisket
03-15-2010, 06:47 PM
THEY DO NOT, they say NOTHING about deceleration and are based only on final time
yes but the final time is affected by the first 1/2 to 3/4 splits of the race. which horses like zenyatta and kelso have no say in.