PDA

View Full Version : Tom D. featured in weight loss segment

jognlope
03-15-2010, 08:24 AM
On local news channel, it showed Durkin working out at gym on treadmill, weights. He says he doesn't know how the weigth crept up on him. He looked very serious about it. Going out to restaurants will be the hardest thing to stop, he said... they'll keep up with his progress on future segments.

smartybadger
03-15-2010, 09:54 AM
That is great to see. Unfortunately I can't get the video to play but it's good that he is trying to lose weight. I think the weight issue has been why his race-call quality has dropped over the past few years, with the out of breath sounding calls, especially for the big races when he admittedly takes Inderal which causes one to lose their breath. More importantly, it's good that he is doing something about his health. It's great to hear that he is doing something about it, and hopefully he will start feeling better.

smartybadger
03-15-2010, 10:10 AM
http://rochester.ynn.com/content/health/healthy_living/498832/-em-healthy-living--em---weight-loss-part-ii/

Got the first video to work. Link to part two above.

v j stauffer
03-15-2010, 10:43 AM
One of the nicest and classiest men I've EVER had the pleasure of meeting.

johnhannibalsmith
03-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Must echo Vic's sentiment - when I was at Saratoga every morning before gates opened, sitting on a bench looking at the form - Mr. Durkin would stroll on through and chat with everyone along the way, always curious if I found "anything worth playing" in the form. He always seemed to be a pretty genuine, happy fella and I hope he finds success improving his health.

jognlope
03-15-2010, 11:18 AM
He's the man. If he weren't announcing at Saratoga, I don't know if I'd even bother to go over there. I always wait to here him welcome us to the Spaaaaah.