PDA

View Full Version : Great Mares Showdown: this summer?

horses4courses
03-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Let's assume the best case scenario.

RA continues to improve after yesterday, and gets back to 100% over the next few months. Z continues on her merry way, and wins a couple more.

Is a summer race between them on the cards?
New York keeps popping into my head - Belmont or Saratoga.
Just a hunch.

Of course, the biggest showdown of all would be in the BC Classic at CD.
Imagine that...... :)

tzipi
03-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Let's assume the best case scenario.

RA continues to improve after yesterday, and gets back to 100% over the next few months. Z continues on her merry way, and wins a couple more.

Is a summer race between them on the cards?
New York keeps popping into my head - Belmont or Saratoga.
Just a hunch.

Of course, the biggest showdown of all would be in the BC Classic at CD.
Imagine that...... :)

If both horses are healthy and it's only March, horses will get better, they should. Anyone saying a long layoff comeback race lose is a bad sign knows nothing about horses or past champions histories. If THEY ARE in peak form and healthy down the road and they don't meet up then I will say whatever camp is scared and that it's just not the same game anymore. JMO

letswastemoney
03-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Quality Road will crush both of them in the Classic

statik27
03-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Quality Road will crush both of them in the Classic

If his feet hold up or his mind holds up or its run at Gulfstream. To many problems with that horse to talk about him crushing anyone 8 months from now, but we shall see.

Hanover1
03-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Alot of ifs at this point imo. Depends on who wants to pony up the kind of cash Oaklawn did. I don't see anyone ducking anyone if RA rebounds and returns to form. She shows better yesterday, and the AB is a go, so ducking in RA camp is not an option. Plenty of studs to take on if Zen wants to duck later on. BC Classic may be a stretch for RA at 10f imo, but they can meet anywhere the 5 mil shows up, and previously stated conditions apply. RA has yet to prove she can return to form as yet.....

slew101
03-15-2010, 12:13 AM
My original prediction was Saratoga, because no way will Zenyatta's crew want to face RA in a 1-turn race at Belmont.

Didn't they drop one of the older filly races at Saratoga (Go For Wand?). So maybe the Personal Ensign late in the meet would be the spot.

horses4courses
03-15-2010, 12:28 AM
My original prediction was Saratoga, because no way will Zenyatta's crew want to face RA in a 1-turn race at Belmont.

Didn't they drop one of the older filly races at Saratoga (Go For Wand?). So maybe the Personal Ensign late in the meet would be the spot.

Agreed.
Saratoga is the more likely NY track.
There will be no one-turn races for Z, either.
Minimum trip has to be 9 furlongs.
Perhaps Pimlico, or Churchill, might fit the bill even earlier?

Sericm
03-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Alot of ifs at this point imo. Depends on who wants to pony up the kind of cash Oaklawn did. I don't see anyone ducking anyone if RA rebounds and returns to form. She shows better yesterday, and the AB is a go, so ducking in RA camp is not an option. Plenty of studs to take on if Zen wants to duck later on. BC Classic may be a stretch for RA at 10f imo, but they can meet anywhere the 5 mil shows up, and previously stated conditions apply. RA has yet to prove she can return to form as yet.....

Why is it everyone seems to think that Zenyatta is doing the ducking. She was at the BC and is going to the Apple Blossom. Let's face it RA's connections are doing the ducking. Zenyatta will show up money or no money. Jackson is all mouth and Asmussen trails along. They both know that Zenyatta will thump RA good. They had November to February to get the Horse ready! Give me a break.
SHOW UP OR SHUT UP!!

Sericm