PDA

View Full Version : Yo Toyota

bigmack
03-14-2010, 05:18 AM
I had a feeling.

Turns out this deal is gonna be right up there with the Audi fiasco of yesteryear. Most of the folk that lodged complaints and have had incidents are septuagenarians and older than dust. This schlub out here with the Prius is $700K in debt and has reported bogus insurance claims before.

Odd part? Sales are up 50%. People must not be buying the defect story with all the incentives.

JustRalph
03-14-2010, 05:17 PM
suspected this all along

I would buy a new four runner tomorrow if the right incentives come along

Grits
03-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Mack, thanks. This is good to learn. I feel better, again knowing my Avalon's worth more than the Michelins its sitting on. I recently asked a gentlemen in a restaurant parking lot who was parked next to me,

. . . . "have you had any acceleration problems?"

"No, and I've got 180K miles on this one and its a '06. I'm a sales rep and I drive all over the southeast throughout the week."

I had begun to wonder if, or how much of this was let's make some money off Toyota.

There was another Prius with the same problem a few days ago in New York, on Long Island, this time the accelerator stuck while in reverse backing out of a driveway and into a wall on someone's else's property.

Always those trying to get something for nothing.

Grits
03-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Last night's news, followed up on the Long Island, NY Prius driver, reporting to police that her accelerator stuck causing her vehicle to sustain damage while also knocking down a neighbor's stone wall. Like the California driver of another Prius, this one has been found bogus as well. It was determined by investigators she did not apply the brake at any point.

Obviously, people will do anything for a dollar and creating the opportunity to file, and cash in on a lawsuit.:faint: Pathetic.

OTM Al
03-23-2010, 02:44 PM
I had an accleration problem once long ago in my 74 Chevy. Couldn't understand why it wouldn't stop when I was pumping the brake. It was because I wasn't pumping the brake.....Got to wonder how many did the same thing

Tom
03-23-2010, 02:50 PM
What were you pumping?

OTM Al
03-23-2010, 02:53 PM
That would be the "GO" pedal. Damages were minor fortunately.

chickenhead
03-23-2010, 02:56 PM
I was once inside a store when a Chevy Malibu type car came busting through the storefront windows, throttle wide open, in reverse. She got stopped by a pillar, then threw it in Drive, and went peeling off into the parking lot, smashing right into the car parked next to mine and pushing it across the parking lot into several other cars.

Lady in her 50's, mashing on the gas thinking it was the brake. No injuries, but she was a little shook up, and probably 4 or 5 cars were totalled.

It was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen.

Grits
03-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Chick, don't say anything about her age, maybe the broad failed "driver's ed" late in life or was off her meds or something!!!!:lol:

Woulda scared the daylights outta me had I been in the store.

Pell Mell
03-23-2010, 03:40 PM
I see too many old timers use the left foot on the brake, like the car whose stoplights keep blinking on the interstate, and when in a slight panic both feet go down, especially the right foot as most people are right handed.

Saw 2 cases in NJ in the same mall where a man drops off his wife and as she crosses in front of the car, he mashes the gas thinking it's the brake. Both women dead.

Brake pedals should not be accessible with the left foot. :bang:

rastajenk
03-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Sounds like a couple of jobs for homicide, if you ask me.

Grits
03-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Saw 2 cases in NJ in the same mall where a man drops off his wife and as she crosses in front of the car, he mashes the gas thinking it's the brake. Both women dead.

PM, how would you prefer the floorboard be laid out? Maybe, have the emergency break separating the gas and the brake pedal? Mine is on the floor to the far left, and is pushed down by my foot when needed, I guess I could ask Toyota to move it for me--being they're all about recalls and safety now.:lol:

As far as the old timers, where I live, a grand jury would convene to determine probable cause. And most likely, each gentleman would've been charged with murder.:lol:

BillW
03-23-2010, 04:15 PM

Gas pedals shouldn't be accessible to some humans period!

JustRalph
03-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Gas pedals shouldn't be accessible to some humans period!
:lol: :lol: