PDA

View Full Version : Did you bet the Rachel or Zenyatta Race?

PhantomOnTour
03-14-2010, 01:44 AM
Sorry for another thread on the two mares, but all the focus is on retirement, the Apple Blossom, Beyer figs etc...and not on whether anyone made any money on these races. I figure a lot of folks didn't play them at all.

Me? I passed on the Rachel race and lost a toughie in the Zen race. Played a $5 TRI: :8:w :9: w ALL and ofcourse was nipped by 51-1 longest shot on the board :1: horse for 2nd.

You?

Stillriledup
03-14-2010, 04:08 AM
Made a little money on both races. I had a 15 dollar tri part wheel in the RA race, i keyed the horse who ran 3rd to run 3rd. She was 40-1 and with her running style, i thought she could 'clunk up'. I also bet show on all the horses against Rachel (except the 1, who i figured would duel with rachel and stop).

In the Z race, i had a big win bet on Z (i thought that she would be win value because Rachel had lost 15 mins earlier at 1-9, so i thought the public might fish to beat her, i was right, she paid 2.60 instead of 2.20) and i had a huge exacta with the talamo horse who got nosed, but made a little money with a 2 dollar Z with All with Talamo tri as a 'saver'.

I usually lose money on these races, this squirrel found his nut today.

DJofSD
03-14-2010, 05:20 AM
Skipped the RA race. Had the exacta for Zen.

rrpic6
03-14-2010, 08:32 AM
I bet $50 to show on 3-Zardana and 4-Unforgotten. With 98% of 800K bet to show on Rachel, thought I could buy a new car if Calvin fell off.

RR

PS You math nerds out there.....tell me what I would have won.

fast4522
03-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Bet both with logic, the first race the logic says forget the odds completely and look who can win the race. The second part of the logic was there was so much money in the show pool if the favorite ran out of the money it was likely to pay $70 on the end. Attention to the Shireffs horse was noted because of the small field and the ones who were easy NFW's. The key was the distance of 8.5, the favorite had a advantage at longer distance but none at all at 8.5. The bet was to be WPS because the logic said if this favorite runs out the tote lights up.

The other race was much less complex, having fallen in love with a horse named Zenyatta (a no no) the logical became second place and who cared who would run third.

QuarterCrack
03-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Just took $2 to show on all the other horses just in case something crazy happened. With that kind of money in the show pool, it's almost an automatic for me.

I wanted both horses to win and thought they would both win, so I didn't get seriously involved in betting the race or searching for value in exotics, just watched as a fan.

Fingal
03-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Singled Z in our late Pick 4, enabling us to spread in races 8,9 & 10. :)