PDA

View Full Version : Charles Town playing the canceling game again

takeout
03-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Canceled after the 5th last night and after the 1st tonight.

If they weren’t capable of running the last half of the card last night I wonder why they thought tonight was going to be any different?

5,000 slots at work. Coming soon to what’s left of a track near you! :bang:

castaway01
03-14-2010, 02:34 PM

If they weren’t capable of running the last half of the card last night I wonder why they thought tonight was going to be any different?

5,000 slots at work. Coming soon to what’s left of a track near you! :bang:

Don't know if you noticed, but we had a bit of rain here in the eastern U.S.

Saratoga_Mike
03-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Canceled after two races today - just way too much rain.

takeout
03-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Here’s what I don’t get. If the jockeys wouldn’t ride on a wet track Friday, why would management think they would ride on a wet track Saturday or Sunday? For that matter why would the jocks themselves think they could ride Sat. & Sun.?

In the “olden times” jocks that didn’t want to ride in the slop went home and the ones that did want to ride took those mounts. Doesn’t seem to work that way now. A couple of the top guys take off and everybody leaves. Works out good for the top guys, they don’t lose those mounts to someone else. Doesn’t work so good for the hungrier ones though. Am I to believe that none of the jocks wanted to ride? “Private contractors” my butt.

njcurveball
03-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Here’s what I don’t get. If the jockeys wouldn’t ride on a wet track Friday, why would management think they would ride on a wet track Saturday or Sunday? For that matter why would the jocks themselves think they could ride Sat. & Sun.?

They try to ride because they need the money. Jocks don't have sick or vacation days.

Robert Goren
03-14-2010, 08:47 PM

5,000 slots at work. Coming soon to what’s left of a track near you! :bang: Greed can distort anyones thinking.

takeout
03-15-2010, 01:40 AM
They try to ride because they need the money. Jocks don't have sick or vacation days.It looks to me like a few of the top ones are trying not to ride. A couple of them take off and the rest follow like sheep. At least that’s what I think is happening. If they want to take off that’s fine but if jocks are private contractors then they ought to be making up their own minds individually.

It will be interesting to see what happens if the track comes up wet for the million dollar race. Wonder how many jocks will opt out of that one? Something tells me that a miracle will happen and the ones that have been taking off will all of a sudden regain their mud riding skills. Hallelujah!

takeout
03-17-2010, 02:13 AM
Just finished watching the 2 races again that were run on Sunday and I still have NO IDEA why racing was canceled. It wasn’t raining and the track wasn’t even that wet. So what were the “weather conditions” that forced the cancellation? Seriously. Watch those two races (CT 3-14-10) and tell me why racing was canceled. ???

takeout
03-17-2010, 05:25 PM
It’s 65 degrees and sunny. I wonder how many races they’ll run at Charles Town tonight? :rolleyes:

proximity
03-18-2010, 01:29 AM
friends, i will be in attendance at this venerable bullring tomorrow...err.. tonight (thursday). if anyone is going to be around, drop me a pm by lunch or so and i'll try and meet up with you.