PDA

View Full Version : Fair Grounds on air talent

cj
03-13-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm watching Jessica handicap Fair Grounds. She picked Clear Sailing over Rachel. She liked her because she said she closed wide from last in her prior race on a track that was, according to her, all speed, and inside speed at that.

So, I looked at the charts.....there were six other routes, two were won wire to wire by horses paying under $6 and the other four completely collapsed ( including a $13 winner and $33 winner ). Plus, if the rail was good, Clear Sailing was on it the whole way before angling wide once in the stretch.

Shouldn't she at least do a little research?

illinoisbred
03-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Her interpretation of facts/data/stats is often questionable.

InsideThePylons-MW
03-13-2010, 01:02 PM
"The point was: 2 of the races went wire to wire (you happy now?) and she was definitely wide down the stretch! I didn't bother to google the exact numbers like you did, so EXCUUUUUSE me!"

:D

The Hawk
03-13-2010, 03:42 PM
These "style over substance" choices for "talent" are another example (see Gulfstream) of a racetrack showing zero respect for the horseplayer.

46zilzal
03-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Just another attempt at having half the Beulah twins.

ALWAYS turn the sound down whenever she is rambling on quivering and throwing her hair out of her face.

Saratoga_Mike
03-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Just another attempt at having half the Beulah twins.

ALWAYS turn the sound down whenever she is rambling on quivering and throwing her hair out of her face.

I hope she's as successful as they were at boosting handle.

sandpit
03-13-2010, 04:43 PM
[B]

I hope she's as successful as they were at boosting handle.

Probably not the girl's fault, but they've cut purses overall plus reduced three stakes on the upcoming big day.

toetoe
03-13-2010, 05:35 PM
These "style over substance" choices for "talent" are another example (see Gulfstream) of a racetrack showing zero respect for the horseplayer.

I agree, but can we make an exception in this case ? Please ? :jump:

CJ,

Valid point for a threadstarter. :ThmbUp: .

GaryG
03-13-2010, 05:51 PM
When she tosses her hair I get that Chris Mathews kind of tingling....:eek:

Tom
03-13-2010, 06:03 PM
Really, isn't she just a true representative of most of those who run this game?

Clueless airheads?

I think so.
Not too many bright lights at the tacks.

The Hawk
03-13-2010, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=toetoe]I agree, but can we make an exception in this case ? Please ? :jump:

Of course! We always eat sh*t anyway, why start demanding respect now, in this particular case.

Fastracehorse
03-13-2010, 06:38 PM
She 'racks' my brain.
She makes 'soft' decisions at times.
Her pre-race analyses can be 'voluptuous' in nature.
But she has a 'perky' disposition.

fffastt

ranchwest
03-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Practically none of the track personalities have a clue. Why not have one that looks good? I mean, are you going to actually put your money on what they say?

statepierback
03-13-2010, 09:47 PM
I enjoy watching the show with the sound off. Just Watching Jessica flip her hair and move her lips to make those funny little faces does it for me. Who cares what she says. ;)

proximity
03-13-2010, 09:59 PM
Shouldn't she at least do a little research?

isn't the game tough enough already?

castaway01
03-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Probably not the girl's fault, but they've cut purses overall plus reduced three stakes on the upcoming big day.

Pretty sure the other poster was referring to how much Beulah's handle has gone up the past few years and how people started to notice the track when the blonde twins were on the air for them.