PDA

View Full Version : Trying to beat Zenyatta and Rachael

tonto1944
03-13-2010, 09:55 AM
First Rachael Alexander. Asmussen has said he is not sure the horse is ready,weather he is preplanning an excuse or just blowing smoke I don't know.So I will try to beat her. I like the #5 she is unbeaten. Can either go to the front or close. Now the show pool will have bet 90% of it on the fav. if they take show. They may not. If so I will be betting $50 to show on the #5.
tri 2,5-1,2,3,5-1,2,3,5

Now Zenyatta. Everyone says she will win by a ton. So I am placing a big show bet on the #7 the horse from Europe. Has had a race here in U.S. and ran very well. Also Bx 5-7-8-9 in ex and tri and super. The show pool here will be 95% for the fav.

Just imagin the show prices you will get if Zenyatta is out of the money. Bet it will be a min. of $75 each horse.
Rachael may not because of the small field,but I bet you will get between $15-$35 each.

lamboguy
03-13-2010, 10:06 AM
even though RACHEL ALEXANDRA has beaten older males, this is still her first race as a 4 year old. throughout the years i have found that this is usually the toughest race to win, the first race back facing older. no doubt if RACHEL fires like she did last year she will be mighty tough. i have the feeling that she is only about 80% here, that may be good enough to win, but i wouldn't invest in it. as far as ZENYATTA goes, she looks like an absolute cinch today.

even if RACHEL doesn't run at 100% today i still love her in the apple blossom when the 2 of them face off. i don't think that steve asmussen is looking for a 20 length victory today where all RACHEL wound up doing is getting a paid workout. steve wants the main prize 3 weeks from now.

GaryG
03-13-2010, 10:21 AM
i have the feeling that she is only about 80% here, that may be good enough to win, but i wouldn't invest in it. as far as ZENYATTA goes, she looks like an absolute cinch today.I agree with that. I would hazard a small bet against RA if there was a legitimate filly in the race. I think she beats those creampuffs without an all out effort.

michiken
03-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Does Zenyatta really have to win today?

Isn't the real goal to get her tuned up for Rachel?

Skanoochies
03-13-2010, 11:49 AM
By the sound of things, she already is tuned up.

netbet
03-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Is anyone worried about the possible lack of pace for Zenyatta?

cj's dad
03-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Upset possibles IMO;

SA - #9 Floating Heart

FG- #4 Unforgotten

Maumeeriverangler
03-13-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm putting a couple bucks on -Gripsholme Castle-- WPS

Good Luck Everybody

Relwob Owner
03-13-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm putting a couple bucks on -Gripsholme Castle-- WPS

Good Luck Everybody

I sincerely feel like Striking Dancer can beat Zenyatta.....RA-small field, nothing in there.....hope they both win so the AB is everything we hope it will be

Zenyatta To Crush
03-13-2010, 02:24 PM
I trust Mike Smith when he says that Zenyatta may be even better than last year and is about to run huge. He hasn't been wrong about her so far. I'm not concerned about the weight and I believe people trying to upset her are throwing their money away. Sure, you could bet $20 to win on Striking Dancer and have a chance to win $300, but the bottom line is that you now have $20 less in your pocket. Unless you are the type of player that cheers for horses to break down, this is not a good bet. I suggest not betting and just enjoy this great mare.

As for Rachel, I think she's only about 80% ready, but I think her 80% still gives her a 6 length victory. Once again, you can try to beat her with Zardana or Clear Sailing, but its probably just not worth it. Just relax and enjoy the race.

Those are just my thoughts and I'm not stopping you from betting.