PDA

View Full Version : Apple Blossom Nominees

born2ride
03-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Rachel Alexandra, Zenyatta among 45 nominees to Apple Blossom

"Grade 1 winners Careless Jewel, Funny Moon, Pure Clan, Stardom Bound, and Venezuelan champion Bambera also joins Rachel Alexandra and Zenyatta on the nomination list.

Bambera, Careless Jewel, Funny Moon, and Pure Clan have not raced this year. Bambera is preparing for her first start in North America.

Other nominees include Freedom Star, who won the Azeri Stakes (G3) at Oaklawn on March 6; Molly Pitcher Stakes (G2) winner Luna Vega; El Encino Stakes (G2) winner Pretty Unusual; La Canada Stakes (G2) winner Striking Dancer; and Sunshine Millions Distaff Stakes winner Sweet Repent."

The full article is here, as well as the PP's and the full list of nominees:
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2010/March/12/Rachel-Alexandra-Zenyatta-among-45-nominees-for-Apple-Blossom.aspx

FenceBored
03-12-2010, 05:21 PM
No Persistently or Qualia? Moyer's Pond will be crushed.

Looks like a good list to choose from.

twindouble
03-12-2010, 05:39 PM
I won't bet a dime on that race but I'll watch it because I love both horses. The reason being I don't like thievery, run dead last and collect a hundred grand.

Dahoss9698
03-12-2010, 06:02 PM
I won't bet a dime on that race but I'll watch it because I love both horses. The reason being I don't like thievery, run dead last and collect a hundred grand.

How is that thievery?

twindouble
03-12-2010, 06:07 PM
How is that thievery?

If you can't figure that out, well what can I say?

Dahoss9698
03-12-2010, 06:12 PM
If you can't figure that out, well what can I say?

Sharp post

toetoe
03-12-2010, 06:25 PM
This looks like a house quinella lock, a la Affirmed/Alydar and Sunday Silence/Easy Goer

twindouble
03-12-2010, 06:44 PM
This looks like a house quinella lock, a la Affirmed/Alydar and Sunday Silence/Easy Goer

Yes, should be a great race. Who ever wins won't change my mind about either horse.

Dahoss9698
03-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Yes, should be a great race. Who ever wins won't change my mind about either horse.

Do you get rebates?

twindouble
03-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Do you get rebates?

That was funny, didn't you know I was a whale. :lol:

joanied
03-12-2010, 08:35 PM
WOW...looks like both Z & RA are going to face a hell of a good field...and I assume the gate will be full. I hope Stardom Bound runs well...if she actually goes.

I want a dead heat so bad...how can you choose between RA & Z...I can't. One of them is going to loose:( :faint: :(

twindouble
03-12-2010, 08:39 PM
WOW...looks like both Z & RA are going to face a hell of a good field...and I assume the gate will be full. I hope Stardom Bound runs well...if she actually goes.

I want a dead heat so bad...how can you choose between RA & Z...I can't. One of them is going to loose:( :faint: :(

They both did well by us and racing. Win or lose they will never be forgotten.

joanied
03-12-2010, 08:47 PM
They both did well by us and racing. Win or lose they will never be forgotten.

Oh, absolutley...that goes without saying. They will finish 1-2, but I am dreaming of a dead heat:jump:

twindouble
03-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Oh, absolutley...that goes without saying. They will finish 1-2, but I am dreaming of a dead heat:jump:

Ok, I'll route for you. :)

kroebuck67
03-12-2010, 11:25 PM

No quinellas at OP, so you gotta pick one; or box 'em.... in which case you'll get 3.10 on your 4 dollar bet, lol.

born2ride
03-12-2010, 11:46 PM

To pick 8 from this group is going to be tough. Some good horses are nominated. Even another Medaglia d'Oro offspring!

Kimsus
03-13-2010, 08:30 AM

Stardom Bound is a bum, sorry; however I did notice Careless Jewel has 4 recorded works. I don't know if she can get a prep in or if she will even try the AB but she is a serious horse for even RA and Zen if and when she comes back assuming she is even better this yr.

joanied
03-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Stardom Bound is a bum, sorry; however I did notice Careless Jewel has 4 recorded works. I don't know if she can get a prep in or if she will even try the AB but she is a serious horse for even RA and Zen if and when she comes back assuming she is even better this yr.

Yes, you have said that several times...about Stardom Bound...doesn't mean I can't want her to run well. I like her.
I agree about Careless Jewel...all she needs to do is regain last years form.

Kimsus
03-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Yes, you have said that several times...about Stardom Bound...doesn't mean I can't want her to run well. I like her.
I agree about Careless Jewel...all she needs to do is regain last years form.

I would like to see a race of Careless Jewel and Rachel somewhere down the line, both have similar styles and it would be very interesting who would get the better of that matchup. One thing I would like to see with her though is she get a top US jockey, though Landry has been okay with her for the most, you may as well get someone who is used to riding in big races so there is already improvement projected in 2010.

BTW I don't think I ever posted about Stardom Bound till now, I think you got me mixed up with someone else.

joanied
03-13-2010, 10:34 AM
I would like to see a race of Careless Jewel and Rachel somewhere down the line, both have similar styles and it would be very interesting who would get the better of that matchup. One thing I would like to see with her though is she get a top US jockey, though Landry has been okay with her for the most, you may as well get someone who is used to riding in big races so there is already improvement projected in 2010.

BTW I don't think I ever posted about Stardom Bound till now, I think you got me mixed up with someone else.

I doubt there are more than a few fillies that would give RA a tough run...but Careless Jewel (in form) is one of them...hell of a nice filly. I agree, a rider switch might be a very good thing.

I am pretty sure it was you...when I mentioned her in some posts...I could be wrong, but I am not gonna look it up:)

Kimsus
03-13-2010, 10:44 AM
I doubt there are more than a few fillies that would give RA a tough run...but Careless Jewel (in form) is one of them...hell of a nice filly. I agree, a rider switch might be a very good thing.

I am pretty sure it was you...when I mentioned her in some posts...I could be wrong, but I am not gonna look it up:)

On dirt she is one of only a few that has enough early pace to go with Rachel and not let it hurt her, if the 2 do meet in a race, I would be looking for someone from the second and third flank to pick up the pieces. One thing is for sure if you leave CJ alone, she would be tough to get by regardless of the opponent.

Well enjoy your day watching Rach and Zen, should be interesting.

Dahoss9698
03-13-2010, 12:22 PM
WHile Robert Landry might not be Garret Gomez, he's a pretty accomplished rider in Canada. He's won almost every important stake there and has over 2,000 wins in his career. He seems to fit Careless Jewell well, I don't see why you would fix something that isn't broke.

Bobby Seller
03-13-2010, 12:32 PM
WHile Robert Landry might not be Garret Gomez, he's a pretty accomplished rider in Canada. He's won almost every important stake there and has over 2,000 wins in his career. He seems to fit Careless Jewell well, I don't see why you would fix something that isn't broke.

i think it's the misinterpretation that she was somehow supposed to last over the track the way it was playing, and those rivals. If there is something management related to criticize, it would probably be placing her in that race.

joanied
03-13-2010, 12:42 PM
On dirt she is one of only a few that has enough early pace to go with Rachel and not let it hurt her, if the 2 do meet in a race, I would be looking for someone from the second and third flank to pick up the pieces. One thing is for sure if you leave CJ alone, she would be tough to get by regardless of the opponent.

Well enjoy your day watching Rach and Zen, should be interesting.

Agreed.

You enjoy your race day too:)

classhandicapper
03-13-2010, 01:05 PM
If Careless Jewel runs at least there will be another filly in the race with enough quality to potentially keep RA honest even if CJ isn't 100%. I now she's been working regularly but I don't think she'll be ready.