PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood dilemma

Valuist
07-08-2003, 10:37 AM
In the Gold Coast tourney this week contestants can wager on races from 8 tracks. One of them is Hollywood. Looking at the weather forecasts, Hol is about the only sure one to be dry on Friday. The problem? The late post time. They run at night on Friday nights which will interrupt getting started on Saturday's card. BTW, I know sloppy and muddy tracks are definitely not my strength. Here are the options:

1) Forget Hol for Friday and get started capping Saturdays card.
2) Concentrate heavily on Hol since it could be the only fast track.
3) Allow for 2-3 Hol wagers but enter those picks early and leave.
4) Allow for 2-3 Hol wagers but stick around to see paddock/post parade appearance.
5) Bet Hol, and if I'm out of contention, go to Olympic Garden or the Palomino Club and blow off Saturday.

Any other ideas?

Skanoochies
07-08-2003, 11:20 AM
No. 4 sounds best to me. Hollywood seems to have several 5 and 6 horse fields lately, do you prefer smaller fields to handicap? Whatever you choose GOOD LUCK man!!

Skanoochies.:)

Valuist
07-08-2003, 11:40 AM
No, I dislike small fields. But they occasionally have a decent size field turf race. And you know they will be fast/firm. Nothing worse than handicapping a card, finding good plays, then seeing rain/scratches destroy the card.

cato
07-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Depending on your preliminary handicapping, leave 2-3-4 bets open for Hollywood and stick around.

While you are waiting for post position and odds to show in the races you are interested in, start handicapping in the race book for the following day...........

And THEN go to Palomino's!

Good luck

Cato

Valuist
07-08-2003, 02:12 PM
A decent chance I will do that. I'll probably watch at least part of Hol's card.

superfecta
07-08-2003, 04:15 PM
How do you usually do at Hollywood?If not very well,don't get too excited about playing it unless you do have a solid opinion on the races that nite.Just focus on the tracks you do well on.And if you think you can do better by going to the Palomino,why you wasting your time worrying?Getting lucky with a nekkid chick is better than getting lucky with a naked horse IMO.

gino
07-08-2003, 06:56 PM
"all selections for fast track"...ignore the weather, nobody ever gives it credit for a win, and it gets blamed way too much for losses....or go with your "it's raining everywhere " theory and bet every gray horse u can...anyway here's my point- it's hot in the summer, cold in the winter, nixon's still president, and if u would rather sit around and watch those lame hollywood fri. nite cards instead of breathing in some of that fresh Vegas air and being dazzled by the desert's natural booty, then dude u need to get your walker turbo'd...
have fun!!!!
gino
handicapping = ifs, ands
palomino=.....