PDA

View Full Version : betting with Pocket PC ?

betovernetcapper
07-08-2003, 10:30 AM
Has/does anyone use a pocket pc for online betting and if so how well does it work? Is the toteboard visible/readable? Considering buying a new toy and would appriciate any insights. Thanks :)

gino
07-09-2003, 02:33 AM
betman-
hate 2 see anyone go 0/133 altho i've come close...answer to your question, to be polite, is no...
if u had asked about pocket pool u might have got a few responses...
since yer handle is betovernet, one would assume that u r aware that there are many,many places to view many,many tote boards...
There is a place in Chicago called Phil's Pocket Pets that i mentioned in a post that went 0/ hunnert and sumpn, so maybe "pocket" is not a popular word on this board, which is understandable since i think many here have spent some amount of time in straitjackets....
hey buddy, could u scratch my nose?
gino
former bughouse tout

PaceAdvantage
07-09-2003, 02:59 AM
Gino's reply notwithstanding, I too would be interested in anyone's experience with these gadgets. Closest I've ever come to a pocket PC was the Toshiba Libretto....an amazing little "sub-sub notebook" that ran a full version of Windows (98).

Used it with YouBet many times when I was "on the road". My guess is these newer Pocket PCs might be able to run YouBet off their Internet site...only problem will probably be the screen format.

Dave Schwartz
07-09-2003, 03:19 AM
PA,

Don't know about "pocket PCs," but I am bringing a tablet PC to Saratoga with me. Looking froward to trying it out.

Dave

Seabiscuit@AR
07-09-2003, 06:52 AM
One of Australia's internet bookmakers has just started a service called MBet. It allows you to access the website and place bets with your mobile phone (provided you have the right mobile phone). Go to www.sportodds.com.au and look at MBet to have a look.

I don't have the right mobile phone so cannot say how well it works. But this seems like a clever idea and the right way to go if you can pull it off. Many people have mobile phones not many have pocket PCs.

I have seen some discussion on Betfair chat about use of pocket PCs and the Betfair site. General view seems to be that at this stage you really need a laptop computer to use Betfair away from a desktop. But I did hear a whisper about Betfair looking at the mobile phone strategy in the manner of SportOdds.

betovernetcapper
07-09-2003, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys-just got a reply from BrisBet, saying that I would not be able to access SuperTote from a pocet pc. Maybe I'll wait until the price of Tablets drop.:(

ranchwest
07-10-2003, 08:26 AM
A pocket PC would be nice to have for data, instead of toting a laptop or a ton of paper.

Holy Bull
07-14-2003, 02:00 PM
I began planning some s/w that would allow me to bet via a Blackberry but scraped it since the work required and the amount it would be used didn't make sense. Its certainly very doable on any of the PDA's with internet connectivity and I'll probably decide to do something in the future if I can economically get it to make sense and the technology improves to where the functionality would be more complete.

betovernetcapper
07-14-2003, 06:02 PM
Just got an ad from Dell for a $200 handheld (Axim X5) with 32mb-I'm going to email them to see it can access an online toteboard.