PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Biden goes to Tel Aviv....

GaryG
03-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Accompanied by The Tingler? The awesome potential of this dog and pony show was fully realized. Both made fools of themselves.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/11/bidens-middle-east-tour-plagued-snubs-mishaps/?test=latestnews

ArlJim78
03-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Behold the power of smart diplomacy!

They said if I voted for McCain we'd end up with a know nothing bumbling vice president who nobody would respect, and they were right.

Robert Goren
03-11-2010, 07:53 PM
This falls in to the category "too dumb learn from my predecessor's mistakes" Every president since Truman that has to broker peace between the Arabs and Jews has gotten burned. Most have waited till late in their second term before trying because they knew that would probably have the rug pulled out from under them by one side or the other or both and be made to look like fools. JMO

mostpost
03-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Accompanied by The Tingler? The awesome potential of this dog and pony show was fully realized. Both made fools of themselves.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/11/bidens-middle-east-tour-plagued-snubs-mishaps/?test=latestnews

Chris Matthews was not on the trip as a part of the Obama administration. He is a member of the working press. I'm sure the administration has control over the number of press people on a particular trip, but I seriously doubt that any administration dictates who a news organization fills those spots with.

As for Biden making a fool of himself. Total nonsense. He was 90 minutes late for a dinner. If you read the story, you would knw there was a reason for this. As vice President, Biden was sending a diplomatic signal that the United States was displeased that Israel was building homes for 1600 settlers in disputed East Jerusalem.
The Israeli hardliners know that continuing to build settlements in disputed areas is detrimental to the peace process and that the United States is opposed to their continuing development. Yet they continue to do so and add insult to injury by making the announcement while the United States Vice President is in their country on a diplomatic mission. A diplomatic mission which said announcement directly impacts negatively.

bigmack
03-11-2010, 08:13 PM
As for Biden making a fool of himself. Total nonsense. He was 90 minutes late for a dinner. If you read the story, you would knw there was a reason for this. As vice President, Biden was sending a diplomatic signal that the United States was displeased that Israel was building homes for 1600 settlers in disputed East Jerusalem.
The Israeli hardliners know that continuing to build settlements in disputed areas is detrimental to the peace process and that the United States is opposed to their continuing development. Yet they continue to do so and add insult to injury by making the announcement while the United States Vice President is in their country on a diplomatic mission. A diplomatic mission which said announcement directly impacts negatively.
Biden to wife: Honey, in light of the announcement of the impending construction I say we show up for dinner an hour and a half late.
Wife: Whatever, Joe.

Mosty, you're a riot. Keep 'em comin'. :lol: :lol:

Show Me the Wire
03-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Behold the power of smart diplomacy!

They said if I voted for McCain we'd end up with a know nothing bumbling vice president who nobody would respect, and they were right.

:lol:

johnhannibalsmith
03-11-2010, 08:21 PM
They snub the VP by escalating tensions during his trip, the VP returns the snub by eating cold dinner? Take that.

GaryG
03-11-2010, 08:22 PM
The Israeli hardliners know that continuing to build settlements in disputed areas is detrimental to the peace process and that the United States is opposed to their continuing development. Yet they continue to do so and add insult to injury by making the announcement while the United States Vice President is in their country on a diplomatic mission. A diplomatic mission which said announcement directly impacts negatively.They will do what they feel is best for their own security. They do not give a rat's ass whether Obie likes it or not. With a muslim sympathizer/apologist at the helm they can't count on us like in times past. Detrimental to the peace process? The Palestinians want to see Israel destroyed, period.

NJ Stinks
03-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Chris Matthews was not on the trip as a part of the Obama administration. He is a member of the working press. I'm sure the administration has control over the number of press people on a particular trip, but I seriously doubt that any administration dictates who a news organization fills those spots with.

Mostpost, were we ever this ridiculous about GWB? :confused:

Tom
03-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Why would the Israelis invite a pig like Biden to dinner in the first place?
Peace process, mostie? Good one.

Screw the palestineans. Go Israel.

mostpost
03-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Mostpost, were we ever this ridiculous about GWB? :confused:
I wasn't here for most of GWB, but I know you weren't.

mostpost
03-11-2010, 10:07 PM
They snub the VP by escalating tensions during his trip, the VP returns the snub by eating cold dinner? Take that.
Israel is a civilized nation. I'm sure they have warming dishes.

mostpost
03-11-2010, 10:08 PM

Thank God you're not in charge of anything except building portable duck blinds.

Tom
03-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Actually, I also build laser sights for guns. Bang bang.

You don't suppose the palestinean bastards are anyway hampering the peace process do you?

mostpost
03-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Actually, I also build laser sights for guns. Bang bang.
If you are as good at that job as you are at discussing politics, I feel very safe. :lol: :lol:

mostpost
03-11-2010, 10:24 PM
You don't suppose the palestinean bastards are anyway hampering the peace process do you?
Of course they are. But all Palestinians aren't bastards, just like all Israelis aren't saints.

mostpost
03-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Biden to wife: Honey, in light of the announcement of the impending construction I say we show up for dinner an hour and a half late.
Wife: Whatever, Joe.

Mosty, you're a riot. Keep 'em comin'. :lol: :lol:
You're ridiculing my theory, but it's not my theory. Google "Biden 90 minutes late for dinner with Netanyahu". The purpose of the tardiness was clearly to send a message. You can argue with the message. You can argue with the way it was sent. You can't argue with the intention.

bigmack
03-11-2010, 10:49 PM
You can't argue with the intention.
Yeah, I get it. Like when I was in the store today and saw some kid rolling around on the floor cause he couldn't get an ice cream cone.

Stand-up for Joey B and for gawd sakes, get 'em an ice cream cone.

The smallest good deed is better than the grandest intention.

sandpit
03-11-2010, 11:09 PM

Their are 2 barbershops in my town that are run by guys whose parents are native Palestinians. They are Catholic, which is pretty unusual from what they tell me. Sidenote: They have a cousin that works for one of them, and she is absolutely gorgeous. All of them cannot stand how the Palestinain state is run; that is why the parents left there for America. They tell me that there are many people there against their militant leaders, but they are very suppressed by fear.

fast4522
03-12-2010, 08:10 AM
The wonderful people that come here looking for a better life who are productive and hard working much like the Cubans who are at odds with Castro are some of the nicest people you would ever meet. Make no mistake that you can learn from anyone younger or older, and you do not have to agree with everything in order to be friends. Israel is a country I have sided with early on when I was running out of gas in line during the Carter administration and also did not want to fly. Today I love to fly and cringe at the thought of waiting in line around the corner of a gas station to buy gas. What ever it takes!

ArlJim78
03-12-2010, 04:07 PM
more stabs to the back of an ally (http://www.debka.com/article/8647/);

And finally, instead of smoothing ruffled feathers in Jerusalem with interviews to the host media, Vice President Biden snubbed them all and granted the only interview of his trip to the Arabic Al Jazeera TV, whose news content is sharply slanted against Israel, US military campaigns in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan and the Western war on terror.
By signing off his Israel visit with an Al Jazeera interview, Joe Biden made it perfectly clear exactly how he feels about the Jewish state

PhantomOnTour
03-12-2010, 04:33 PM
They will do what they feel is best for their own security. They do not give a rat's ass whether Obie likes it or not. With a muslim sympathizer/apologist at the helm they can't count on us like in times past. Detrimental to the peace process? The Palestinians want to see Israel destroyed, period.
Not true.

bigmack
03-12-2010, 04:35 PM
[/B]
Not true.
Break it down in %'s for us.

Tom
03-12-2010, 10:51 PM
more stabs to the back of an ally (http://www.debka.com/article/8647/);

And finally, instead of smoothing ruffled feathers in Jerusalem with interviews to the host media, Vice President Biden snubbed them all and granted the only interview of his trip to the Arabic Al Jazeera TV, whose news content is sharply slanted against Israel, US military campaigns in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan and the Western war on terror.
By signing off his Israel visit with an Al Jazeera interview, Joe Biden made it perfectly clear exactly how he feels about the Jewish state

Old Joe thought he was talking to Al Sharpton. Silly man.