PDA

View Full Version : Cashing tickets question

Stillriledup
03-10-2010, 06:39 PM
I know you can cash Hollywood Park tickets at Santa Anita, i was wondering if anyone knows if you can cash a Santa Anita ticket at Golden Gate?

Thanks.

46zilzal
03-10-2010, 06:42 PM
I know you can cash Hollywood Park tickets at Santa Anita, i was wondering if anyone knows if you can cash a Santa Anita ticket at Golden Gate?

Thanks.
mu guess is probably not

The Paddock Room
03-10-2010, 06:42 PM

Thanks.

Northern Cal OTB's can only cash tickets in Northern Cal jurisdictions. Southern Cal OTB's can only cash tickets in Southern Cal jurisdictions.

At least that's how it worked a few years ago..since horse racing is so slow to change, it probably remains true today, as well.

Stillriledup
03-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Northern Cal OTB's can only cash tickets in Northern Cal jurisdictions. Southern Cal OTB's can only cash tickets in Southern Cal jurisdictions.

At least that's how it worked a few years ago..since horse racing is so slow to change, it probably remains true today, as well.

Im asking about golden gate specifically, not an otb.

The Paddock Room
03-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Im asking about golden gate specifically, not an otb.

You can't cash a NoCal ticket in SoCal and you can't cash a SoCal ticket in NoCal.

Stillriledup
03-10-2010, 10:58 PM
You can't cash a NoCal ticket in SoCal and you can't cash a SoCal ticket in NoCal.

Have you tried to do it and they said no? Where are you getting this info from. Appreciate the response, thanks.

The Paddock Room
03-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Have you tried to do it and they said no? Where are you getting this info from. Appreciate the response, thanks.

Look at the top of the ticket. It should say either SCOTWINC (or something to that effect) or it will say NCOTWINC.

SCOTWINC's tickets can only be cashed in the So Cal tracks/satellites the NCOTWINC's can only be cashed in the No Cal tracks/satellites.

Yes, I tried to cash a Santa Anita ticket once at Cal Expo in Sacramento when I was visiting there..and was denied.

Again, this was several years ago..it could possibly have changed since then.

I hope that answers your question.

Roy C
03-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Was just at Golden Gate in November and was able to cash Hollywood Park tickets if that helps, brought home a voucher and cashed it at Los Al.

The Paddock Room
03-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Was just at Golden Gate in November and was able to cash Hollywood Park tickets if that helps, brought home a voucher and cashed it at Los Al.

Good to hear they changed that, Roy. Thanks.

Stillriledup
03-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Thank guys appreciate the info!