PDA

View Full Version : HORSE RACING SOFTWARE WITH GRAPHICS

SPEEDHORSE
03-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Is there a horse racing software out there wherein all the horses in a race that where ranked based on Speed Figures, Speed-Pace Figures or any other rating system are presented on the screen in a graphic way similar to Thoromation.

The screenshot should at least be similar to the screenshot in the RSPhotofinish software for added realism.

The screenshot graphics should be at the finish line only that shows the projected winner and all the other entrants.

raybo
03-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Is there a horse racing software out there wherein all the horses in a race that where ranked based on Speed Figures, Speed-Pace Figures or any other rating system are presented on the screen in a graphic way similar to Thoromation.

The screenshot should at least be similar to the screenshot in the RSPhotofinish software for added realism.

The screenshot graphics should be at the finish line only that shows the projected winner and all the other entrants.

Although I'm sure there are several out there, I'm also sure that there are many here who could produce it very easily, you, for example.

Ted Craven
03-10-2010, 09:20 AM

Sure, RDSS, since a few years now: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6423 (sample).

Doc Sartin suggested I use those little horses again, just like he and Jimmy did with Thoromation.

Though as Raybo points out, it's nothing special: just a graphical way of showing ranking or relative magnitude. Could have used an X (or :) ).

Not sure what RSPhotofinish is, but if it adds some realism, sounds interesting...

Ted

Partsnut
03-10-2010, 08:40 PM
If you like pretty pictures and want to see what was referred to as RSPHOTOFINISH you might want to try TSPHOTOFINISH which is the correct source, Tesoro Software LLC is the provider.
This is not a functional representation of current data files of any type and is more or less a game. However, it's a nice feature that might or could be made funtional if it incorporated a "Realtime" tote board and let the user add the results or result files. As Raybo said and I agree, it's not a very important feature.

One could also run the older Sartin software such as EXDC, Thoromation and some others that did use it for pace projections. These are the programs that are being re-hashed and copied in attempt to market new products, that in my mind are not as effective as the older software. With some software developers,, the data files and mathematcal compilations they are using, leaves lots to be desired.

The original animations in The Sartin software was programmed for the Sartin group back in the early 1990's. I believe The late Michael Perry did the work for them. He was a good friend and a talented programmer who passed on prematurely.

John
03-16-2010, 10:33 PM
CJ"S pacefigures "condensed figures " are his speed ratings for each racing line of each horse.

There is a sample on Pacefigures.com web site.

:) :) :)