PDA

View Full Version : YAnks split.

Suff
07-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Great Job by Petite and Mussina to salvage your season.

Its a shame Mussina did'nt get the win. Hands down, the best pitching performance I've seen this year. Against anyone.

Storm Cadet
07-07-2003, 04:43 PM
You meant salvage the series right?????

Suff
07-07-2003, 05:00 PM
no. season.

Suff
07-07-2003, 05:08 PM
But Storm... Keep this in mind.

In real life....I'm two donuts shy of a dozen.

When it comes to the SOX. The box is empty.

cj
07-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Nice stategy by Pedro, drill the best players in the hand and have them miss the game. Too bad he still got outpitched.

One question, did Mussina make any of the Red Sox pay? Particularly Manny or Nomar? If not, I have no respect for him no matter how good he pitched.

Boris
07-07-2003, 05:47 PM
Suff,

Had the pleasure of watching the Sarasota Red Sox and the Tampa Yankees play Saturday night at Legends Field. 1) The Sox are loaded at double A compared to the Yankees. You need not worry about any call-ups from here for the Yankees. 2) Legends Field is awesome! Would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Tampa area.

Oh yeah, Sox won.

Suff
07-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Nice stategy by Pedro, drill the best players in the hand and have them miss the game. Too bad he still got outpitched.

One question, did Mussina make any of the Red Sox pay? Particularly Manny or Nomar? If not, I have no respect for him no matter how good he pitched.

1-1 Game. Niether got the win. Outpitched a strong word.

Both Pitched well. Pedro the Obvious "Overall" better Pitcher. Hard to say he was outpitched....

He was Matched. Not outpitched.

Your right about him Hitting the Sox. Difference is. NY is HIRED mercanaries. Individual ALL-Starrs. They're NOT One for all, all for one.

Suff
07-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Boris
Suff,

Had the pleasure of watching the Sarasota Red Sox and the Tampa Yankees play Saturday night at Legends Field. 1) The Sox are loaded at double A compared to the Yankees. You need not worry about any call-ups from here for the Yankees. 2) Legends Field is awesome! Would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Tampa area.

Oh yeah, Sox won.

The scuttlebut is .....the'yre after a Catcher Named Flaherty in our Farm club. was Flaherty there? Freddie Sanchez and Flaherty are the two bets prospects.

Every deal we are trying to do for pitching......They want one of these guys....and we're not ready to gamble....I still think THIS TEAM CAN PITCH and WIN.

Suff
07-08-2003, 12:24 PM

From Boston.com today.

NESN SURVEY

Did Pedro Martinez intentionally try to hit Alfonso Soriano and Derek Jeter?

No
59.6%
Yes
40.4%
Total votes: 317

cj
07-08-2003, 05:12 PM
I was just joking, I don't really think he tried to hit them. I wish more pitchers threw inside like he does. Then we wouldn't have guys hitting 97 home runs in a season!

WINMANWIN
07-08-2003, 08:07 PM

I was watching the yankee broadcast and the announcers said Musina doesn't retaliate against the opposition. Some yrs ago Mussina was involved in a situation that may have ended his career in a similar situation. I would think his colleagues don't think like he does....:rolleyes: Anyway rest assured when the sox meet the yanks again this year. I lay 1 to 10 yankee pitchers will throw at them.........

kenwoodall
07-09-2003, 04:18 AM
I'm rooting for a tie this year!!

MikeDee
07-09-2003, 06:32 AM
all right Sufferin if you guys can't do it yourselves, we'll help you out.

Indians 4 zip over NY last night (1 hitter)

Suff
07-09-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by MikeDee
all right Sufferin if you guys can't do it yourselves, we'll help you out.

Indians 4 zip over NY last night (1 hitter)

Thanks Mike. Sweep them and I'll send you a $40.00 Ohio Betting Voucher. Remember....no Jeter and no Soriano last night for the yanks. so we helped you guys a tad.