PDA

View Full Version : Imagine if there was synthetics in the Bayakoa/Paseana eras?

letswastemoney
03-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Thinking about how Zardana has never gotten to try dirt in the US and how none of us know her true ability or no ability on dirt...

What a travesty it would have been if a South American shipper such as Bayakoa had to race on synthetics and ended up never liking it. We would have never known the champion that she was.

horses4courses
03-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Thinking about how Zardana has never gotten to try dirt in the US and how none of us know her true ability or no ability on dirt...

What a travesty it would have been if a South American shipper such as Bayakoa had to race on synthetics and ended up never liking it. We would have never known the champion that she was.

Well, I guess the same thing could be said of every dirt surface champion
in the history of US horse racing?

Whether you like synthetics, or not, some horses will excel on them.
Comparing dirt, turf, and synthetic surfaces is like comparing apples, oranges, and pears.

I would like to see the horse that can be a champion on all three.

letswastemoney
03-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Well, I guess the same thing could be said of every dirt surface champion
in the history of US horse racing?

Whether you like synthetics, or not, some horses will excel on them.
Comparing dirt, turf, and synthetic surfaces is like comparing apples, oranges, and pears.

I would like to see the horse that can be a champion on all three.
It would be interesting if Zenyatta won a G1 turf race. After her Rachel race/races, maybe Shirreffs could give turf a shot just to say they won G1 on all 3 surfaces

letswastemoney
03-13-2010, 06:26 PM

We could have been enjoying a very, very nice mare these past few years if there was dirt around Southern California.

Instead we got to see Zardana struggle in every synthetic race she has been in......

Who knows if Zardana would have been a challenge for Zenyatta all these years?

Cadillakin
03-13-2010, 08:16 PM
We could have been enjoying a very, very nice mare these past few years if there was dirt around Southern California.

Instead we got to see Zardana struggle in every synthetic race she has been in......

Oh really?

I guess you missed the Bayakoa Stakes Zardana won in December on the HollyPark synthetic..

Relwob Owner
03-13-2010, 08:19 PM

Who knows if Zardana would have been a challenge for Zenyatta all these years?

Many are reporting that Zardana ran around a 93 Beyer today.....I dont thoink we have been missing too much.....