PDA

View Full Version : where does FG,CD,KEE in high definition exist

Cubbymac26
03-08-2010, 06:03 PM
was wondering when i watch fg kee or cd right before the race goes off they flash a graphic saying available in hd.....when i watch on youbet is that automatic hd im not sure it looks crystal clear was wondering if u need a special reciever motum or what...

now the breeders cup on espn that espn hd telecast was simply stunning

wisconsin
03-08-2010, 06:30 PM
was wondering when i watch fg kee or cd right before the race goes off they flash a graphic saying available in hd.....when i watch on youbet is that automatic hd im not sure it looks crystal clear was wondering if u need a special reciever motum or what...

In HD "where available". It's available on twinspires. The quality is stunning. Not sure if it trickles down to off-track sites through Roberts Communications (off-track video clearing house).

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2010, 10:53 PM
On twinspires, it's still not true HD...at least not on my monitors...unless I'm doing something wrong...

Yup, it's a helluva lot clearer than your average signal, but nowhere near the quality that I get when I watch something I've recorded off of HD cable on my PC...like an episode of LOST or 24...

Does anyone agree or disagree with me?

philcski
03-08-2010, 10:55 PM
It's HD on track at both Keeneland and Churchill Downs (on the good, HDTV's, of course.)

Cubbymac26
03-09-2010, 12:00 AM
the twin spires comment makes the most sense....imo i think fg has the clearest signal hd or no hd

beertapper
03-09-2010, 01:12 AM
On twinspires, it's still not true HD...at least not on my monitors...unless I'm doing something wrong...

Yup, it's a helluva lot clearer than your average signal, but nowhere near the quality that I get when I watch something I've recorded off of HD cable on my PC...like an episode of LOST or 24...

Does anyone agree or disagree with me?

video must be compressed alot more for internet distribution than for cable / sat HD.... i think ??

i wish tracks would upgrade their video equipment. eg MNR has great hosts, but the video feed looks like its from 1982, and the brown colors are hard on the eyes after awhile

PaceAdvantage
03-09-2010, 10:17 AM
video must be compressed alot more for internet distribution than for cable / sat HD.... i think ??One would think...considering true HD is something like 20-30MB/sec (at least). Most people are nowhere near capable of receiving that kind of bandwidth...

My current cable modem setup tops out at 30mb/sec (theoretically...it rarely hits that mark)...and I'm paying extra for that kind of bandwidth...

Zaf
03-09-2010, 10:21 AM
video must be compressed alot more for internet distribution than for cable / sat HD.... i think ??

i wish tracks would upgrade their video equipment. eg MNR has great hosts, but the video feed looks like its from 1982, and the brown colors are hard on the eyes after awhile

Did you ever watch the feed from Philly park :eek: Definately LD.

Z

cj's dad
03-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Did you ever watch the feed from Philly park :eek: Definately LD.

Z

Man are you youngins spoiled !!!! I remember not having TV.:(

And I had to walk uphill to school... both ways.

JustRalph
03-09-2010, 10:56 AM
I remember my dad making me call a special phone number to get the race results from an automated system where some Scioto Downs guy read them onto a cassette tape........... :lol: :lol:

Spendabuck85
03-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Going off topic but used to bet with a bookie in the 1960's and have to wait until the next day newspapers were delivered to get the results. And if betting a west coast track had to wait two days to get the results as the papers were printed before the late races from California finished.

46zilzal
03-09-2010, 03:09 PM

now if the associated commentary was anywhere near high school comprehension level that might be a worthwhile show to both watch and listen to.

Cubbymac26
03-09-2010, 03:35 PM
I remember my dad making me call a special phone number to get the race results from an automated system where some Scioto Downs guy read them onto a cassette tape........... :lol: :lol:

hahahahahaha it doesnt get much worse then that...

on another note mnr has the worst feed possible it is in hd though(horrible definition)