PDA

View Full Version : Vodka retired

FenceBored
03-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Vodka, a two-time Japanese Horse of the Year, has been retired from racing, according to Reuters. Her retirement came after she suffered a nose bleed in an unplaced finish in a warm-up race, the Derrinstown Stud Intikhab al Maktoum Challege-Round 3 (UAE-II), for the March 27 Dubai World Cup (UAE-I). She was scheduled to be retired after the World Cup. She is booked to Cartier Award winner Sea the Stars.

-- http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/55753/japanese-horse-of-the-year-vodka-retired

joanied
03-08-2010, 04:08 PM
I was so surprised when I saw that headline the other day...I didn't have time to post it.
You'd think with so many folks here big fans of Vodka's, someone elese would have noticed she's been retired...it's a shame she won't be in the gate for the DWC. Well, on to a career as a broodmare...and I wish her good fotune and a long and happy life.

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Nose bleed....hmmmm.....

new synthetic surface...

career ending nose bleed....hmmmmmmm

Nahhhhhhhh....probably just a coincidence...those carpet fibers, old tires and waxy polymers are probably the equivalent of Puffs Plus on the ol' mucous membranes....:faint:

breezing
03-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Nose bleed....hmmmm.....

new synthetic surface...

career ending nose bleed....hmmmmmmm

Nahhhhhhhh....probably just a coincidence...those carpet fibers, old tires and waxy polymers are probably the equivalent of Puffs Plus on the ol' mucous membranes....:faint:

is the japan cup run on synthetics?

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Vodka won the Japan Cup Turf...there is also a Japan Cup DIRT, which I assume is run on actual dirt. Are there any tracks in Japan with synthetic surfaces? I don't recall seeing any...