PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Act

Gorgeous George
03-08-2010, 06:27 AM
Have read that Jeremy Noseda still has the Kentucky Derby on the agenda for this horse. He has reported Awesome Act to be in great form after his victory at Aqueduct. It would be amazing to have one of our trainers with a horse in the KD. Has anyone seen this horse and whats his chances in the derby?

Stillriledup
03-08-2010, 06:57 AM
He's good, he's got as good of a chance as anyone.

OTM Al
03-08-2010, 09:46 AM
It was a good race for him considering his length of time off and the fact that he'd never run on dirt, but it wasn't a world beater. He should be in better shape for his next, perhaps the Wood?, but competition will also step up quite a bit as it was pretty much lacking in this race. He's probably got enough $ now to get in the starting gate.

gm10
03-08-2010, 12:07 PM
He got a good number, though his late sectionals don't scream Kentucky Derby right now. Maybe he was idling just a bit and he can finish faster, but I wouldn't make him a prime contender at this point.

redshift1
03-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Jeff Siegel must not have been impressed, AA did not crack his top ten which appears to be have a west coast bias. I liked his race but I can't tell whether he hung late or was geared down.

toussaud
03-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Jeff Siegel must not have been impressed, AA did not crack his top ten which appears to be have a west coast bias. I liked his race but I can't tell whether he hung late or was geared down.
everyone on the west coast also said blind luck could not lose.

Spalding No!
03-08-2010, 03:57 PM
One thing the horse has going for him is a deep pedigree, loaded surprisingly with a lot of dirt black type. The dam is a half to a top Stavros Niarchos family that includes top performers Coup De Genie (a good 4th behind Phone Chatter, Sardula, and Heavenly Prize in the '93 BC Juvenile Fillies) and Machiavellian (sire of top dirt runner and stallion Street Cry). Coup De Genie has produced Snake Mountain, a multiple GSW at Aqueduct and Glia, who I believe won an off-the-turf graded stakes for Bobby Frankel a few years back.

The 3rd dam also produced the dam of Jules (sire of Peace Rules) and is a half sister to the great Northern Dancer.

Charlie D
03-08-2010, 04:05 PM
An ok performance on his Dirt debut and he has some potential, but more needed was the impression i was left with.

redshift1
03-08-2010, 04:13 PM
One thing the horse has going for him is a deep pedigree, loaded surprisingly with a lot of dirt black type. The dam is a half to a top Stavros Niarchos family that includes top performers Coup De Genie (a good 4th behind Phone Chatter, Sardula, and Heavenly Prize in the '93 BC Juvenile Fillies) and Machiavellian (sire of top dirt runner and stallion Street Cry). Coup De Genie has produced Snake Mountain, a multiple GSW at Aqueduct and Glia, who I believe won an off-the-turf graded stakes for Bobby Frankel a few years back.

The 3rd dam also produced the dam of Jules (sire of Peace Rules) and is a half sister to the great Northern Dancer.

Yes, distance should not be a problem. Plus he arrived in NY on Wednesday from Europe and was in quarantine for a couple of days. If he runs well in the Wood then he has as good a chance as any in the derby.

Stillriledup
03-08-2010, 05:50 PM
everyone on the west coast also said blind luck could not lose.

Blind Luck is a better horse than the winner of the Sham (at this point).

Tom
03-08-2010, 09:25 PM
His visually impressive win must be tempered by the class of crap he beat. Not much. But still, he did what he had to do. Pedigree-wise - he looks serious.
If he can show it against some real race horses, he will be worth watching.

WinterTriangle
03-09-2010, 02:18 AM

Nice rundown, Spalding. Not to mention Natalma 2x......love the awesome agains on dirt.....and with Julien riding? heh. He's in my top 10 right now, hope he does good in the Wood.