PDA

View Full Version : BLIND LUCK --- just another HYPE horse !

big frank
03-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Why does everyone think she is the next Ruffian or Rachel ? It is another example of how much your eyes could fool you... Everybody keeps talking about her hollywood race ,,, sure it LOOKED great , but her fig told you it was not as good as it looked.... Now they are saying Bejarano... next time they will say she didnt like the track or maybe she threw a shoe..... This is STARDOM BOUND all over again ! Keep hammering this horse people !

MickJ26
03-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Maybe she was just an early bloomer. Lots of horses are great at two and are duds at three. They could still bring her back in the Ashland.

The Hawk
03-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Why does everyone think she is the next Ruffian or Rachel ? It is another example of how much your eyes could fool you... Everybody keeps talking about her hollywood race ,,, sure it LOOKED great , but her fig told you it was not as good as it looked.... Now they are saying Bejarano... next time they will say she didnt like the track or maybe she threw a shoe..... This is STARDOM BOUND all over again ! Keep hammering this horse people !

This would have been an interesting post BEFORE the race.

born2ride
03-07-2010, 10:14 PM
She's hit the board in 5 straight G1s running against some good fillies - Mi Sueno, Bickersons, She Be Wild, Amen Hallelujah, Evening Jewel, and Crisp. She may not be the next Ruffian or Rachel, but she's still very good.

toussaud
03-07-2010, 10:17 PM
dirt. it's just that simple. i have been screaming this to anyone that would listen for 2 months now. she is very vurnable on synethic. but dirt you can forget it. she's that good on dirt or hollywood cushion which is basically dirt.

WinterTriangle
03-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Speaking about hype, Big Frank sounds like the type who "gets off" a horse when they lose a race. :D

statik27
03-07-2010, 10:56 PM
I don't remember anyone saying this filly is the next Ruffian, but I do think she's very good. The track was being kind to speed all day even before the rain. Plus they went very very slow earlier for this kind of race 24.83, 49.78, 1:13.92. Its actually fairly impressive she closed into that at all. I think she's as good a 3yo filly in the country aa any and possibly the best when she gets an honest pace to run at.

toussaud
03-08-2010, 01:14 AM
I really do want to see her v. christine daae in the same gate on friday. I don' tthink I have ever actually seen a real showdown in the oaks.

Stillriledup
03-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Blind Luck would have been 3-5 in the Sham and won by 5.

Think about it.

Spalding No!
03-08-2010, 07:52 AM
I really do want to see her v. christine daae in the same gate on friday. I don' tthink I have ever actually seen a real showdown in the oaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ry3E-tXwg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z251hhifbDs

cj
03-08-2010, 10:28 AM
The pace was a joke in Blind Luck's race. She had no chance given the way she was ridden. This is what synthetics do, they make good horses look mediocre and mediocre horses look good.

joanied
03-08-2010, 04:15 PM
I agree, it was thew polycrap and the slow pace...and, IMO, maybe not a good ride...she just had too much to do, plus trying to overcome that stuff under her feet.
I really like Crisp (for personal reasons)...but didn't think she could beat Blind Luck...Crisp ran a great race, but if you look at the way Blind Luck was coming...IMO, she is the better filly.
Get her back to dirt...she'll get 'em next time!!

Stillriledup
03-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I overheard a guy yelling and screaming about Bejarano and his 'bad ride'. I regretted to inform him that the horse is ridden the exact same every time and that if you bet on her, you are taking into account the type of ride she is going to get. I'll be honest with you, if i OWNED Blind Luck i'd be ecstatic at these 'conservative' rides...this is what keeps horses sound and happy...dont abuse them and let them run an eighth of a mile and get some money.

cj
03-08-2010, 06:13 PM
I overheard a guy yelling and screaming about Bejarano and his 'bad ride'. I regretted to inform him that the horse is ridden the exact same every time and that if you bet on her, you are taking into account the type of ride she is going to get. I'll be honest with you, if i OWNED Blind Luck i'd be ecstatic at these 'conservative' rides...this is what keeps horses sound and happy...dont abuse them and let them run an eighth of a mile and get some money.

I'm sure they'd trade about 6 3rds for one G1 win just to stay sound. Great post.

Stillriledup
03-08-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm sure they'd trade about 6 3rds for one G1 win just to stay sound. Great post.

I'm sure they would, but they are where they are and i applaud the conservative style.

big frank
03-08-2010, 09:02 PM
This would have been an interesting post BEFORE the race. I should have posted , you are right...I had the winner and i also had 40 $ show on the rest.. If Mike Smith's horse fired Blind Luck would have been 4th and i would have scored...Keep betting this horse folks , i could use the money !

WinterTriangle
03-09-2010, 02:16 AM
If Mike Smith's horse fired Blind Luck would have been 4th and i would have scored...

If if's and but's were fruits and nuts every day would be Christmas.

If if's and and's were pots and pans
We'd be washing up forever.

If frogs had wings, and snakes had hair,
And automobiles flew through the air,
If a watermelon grew on a huckleberry vine,
Then we'd have winter in the summertime.

:rolleyes:

Lemme tell you about that $60,000 superfecta I would have scored..........if only.........

oh, never mind.:D

statik27
03-09-2010, 03:09 AM
I should have posted , you are right...I had the winner and i also had 40 $ show on the rest.. If Mike Smith's horse fired Blind Luck would have been 4th and i would have scored...Keep betting this horse folks , i could use the money !

So you think this filly is overrated because she ran better then you thought she would and cost you money. lol That makes no sense.

Spalding No!
03-09-2010, 03:51 AM
So you think this filly is overrated because she ran better then you thought she would and cost you money. lol That makes no sense.

My favorite part is "if Mike Smith's horse fired she would have been fourth".

Wasn't it a blanket finish for the win?

big frank
03-09-2010, 08:07 PM
So you think this filly is overrated because she ran better then you thought she would and cost you money. lol That makes no sense. She ran exactly the race i thought she would. She was a horrible bet for the bridje-jumpers ! A dead closer , who didnt have much if any speed figure edge.. I will make that bet against her every day of the week.. i cant wait till she runs again and all the Blind Luck defenders hop on board... Is there anyone that uses speed figures that thinks she is as good as people say ?

Stillriledup
03-09-2010, 08:22 PM
She ran exactly the race i thought she would. She was a horrible bet for the bridje-jumpers ! A dead closer , who didnt have much if any speed figure edge.. I will make that bet against her every day of the week.. i cant wait till she runs again and all the Blind Luck defenders hop on board... Is there anyone that uses speed figures that thinks she is as good as people say ?

"as people say"?

What people?

Who are these people?

statik27
03-09-2010, 09:17 PM
She's finished in the money in 5 straight gr1's and you bet against her to finish out? You must not play cali much because her running style is actually an advantage, last run horses do very very well on that pro ride track. I'm sorry man, but you read this race completely wrong, the only money to be made was in the win pool. Crisp was the first run horse and was adding blinkers. I made a conservative bet on her at 5/1 with the idea that the pace would be enough to beat blind luck. But I didn't bet the farm and I certainly didn't think in a million years that Blink Luck would finish out of the money when there was only one filly I thought could beat her in the race.

Numbers are useless once the race is run.

Stillriledup
03-09-2010, 10:04 PM
She's finished in the money in 5 straight gr1's and you bet against her to finish out? You must not play cali much because her running style is actually an advantage, last run horses do very very well on that pro ride track. I'm sorry man, but you read this race completely wrong, the only money to be made was in the win pool. Crisp was the first run horse and was adding blinkers. I made a conservative bet on her at 5/1 with the idea that the pace would be enough to beat blind luck. But I didn't bet the farm and I certainly didn't think in a million years that Blink Luck would finish out of the money when there was only one filly I thought could beat her in the race.

Numbers are useless once the race is run.

BL is a nice filly, but she was a fantastic 'bet against' in the show pool as she was the previous week.

letswastemoney
03-09-2010, 10:07 PM

Numbers are useless once the race is run.Mine That Bird thinks not!

Well for most horses I agree, but there is an exception to the rule once in a while.

breezing
04-02-2010, 10:51 PM
:)

she's oaks bound, didn't seem to mind dirt.

edited: link to story and video http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/56255/blind-lucks-kick-too-much-for-fantasy-foes

Fager Fan
04-03-2010, 12:14 AM
:)

she's oaks bound, didn't seem to mind dirt.

edited: link to story and video http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/56255/blind-lucks-kick-too-much-for-fantasy-foes

She sure didn't look overhyped after that race today. That was impressive. Nice filly.

Tom
04-03-2010, 12:34 AM
It was a 4 horse race. Who gives a rat's ass?
It was crap from the time the entries were drawn.
They should have let that filly from the Wood draw in! :rolleyes:

born2ride
04-03-2010, 12:41 AM
She was awesome. She found 2nd gear around the turn, found 3rd on the stretch and turned on the afterburners to blow past Tidal Pool to win by lengths. It was a very impressive finish. The last 1/16 was likely less than 6 seconds. Thing is, she's run faster than any of the boys going to the Derby. Too bad her two performances on synthetics were so so that likely sunk her chances of going to the Derby.

joanied
04-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Even if the field had 10 horses, Blind Luck would have won for fun anyway...hate to see such a short field...but this is one hell of a filly...looks like we may have a really fun Oaks this year.:jump:

KinkyFriedman
04-04-2010, 08:23 AM
She should be in the DERBY, not the Oaks.

Best 3-year-old in the country is going to run in the wrong race this year. AGAIN.

big frank
04-04-2010, 09:21 AM
I have to admit that was a big race.. I am sure it was the best race she has run. I will stick with my convictions and bet against her in the future