PDA

View Full Version : Puddin on the Ritz DQ

Charlie D
03-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Correct decision???

postpicker
03-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Correct decision, not only did Sugar Trade get carried out, but Lezcano also hit Sugar Trade with his whip

Charlie D
03-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Watch top of stretch and you'll see jockey on Sugar Trade switch his whip to his left, he then hits Sugar Trade which causes him to drift away from Puddin, Puddin then hangs into a right hand drive.

Both horses are now in mid track.

Charlie D
03-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Next part

To stop his horse drifting, the jockey on Sugar Trade switches whip to right, which in doing so causes a drift towards Puddin and horses brush, but no jockey stops driving or has to check thier horse.

Both horses are now an inch (if that) apart giving everything, just like the jockeys.

Next part

Sugar Trade, now drifts away from Puddin.

Sugar Trade is being driven right handed, just like Puddin. Puddin drifts towards Sugar Trade again.

Both horses are giving everything, just like the jockeys and at no point did either horse or jockey have to stop doing that.

The whipping of Sugar Trade is purely accidental.

Charlie D
03-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Puddin on the Ritz and Sugar Trade fought and battled, thier jockeys fought and battled all the way down the stretch with both horses having equal chance of taking the race.

This is horse racing where under the stress and pressure of the FIGHT horses will drift away and towards each other due to energy depletion.

If people want them to stay in straight lines while the above is happening, i suggest racetracks install running rails for each horse.

pdxmike
03-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Dude. It was a no-brainer call. The jock hit the other horse in the face with the whip..Automatic take down.

onefast99
03-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Dude. It was a no-brainer call. The jock hit the other horse in the face with the whip..Automatic take down.
You are correct sir.

Charlie D
03-07-2010, 07:52 PM

Really!!. i was unaware of this particular ruling.Thank you for that information Mike.

You learn something new everyday as they say and i'm no longer peeved at stewards :D and apologize to them for thinking they belong in a lunatic asylum.

Onwards to the next at Aqu :)

cj
03-07-2010, 08:30 PM
It is not an automatic takedown.

Charlie D
03-07-2010, 08:33 PM

OMG

Should i kick the cat again now :D

Anyway, damage is done i'm afraid, so onwards to the next

dansan
03-07-2010, 08:38 PM
I had 2 50-1 shots taken down today ouch time for a break :bang:

boomman
03-07-2010, 11:15 PM

Charlie and Craig: True, but I also had the 8 on my pick 4 ticket and needless to say, stood to collect a WHOLE LOT more on my winning ticket than the $166 I received. Having said that, it was absolutely the right call. The 8 clearly came out and herded the 9 as well as the rider hitting him in the face with the whip. I would have been richer had he stayed up but equally as shocked if he had, as he was certainly cost a placing by the incident........GRRR:bang:

Boomer

thaskalos
03-08-2010, 02:33 AM
After the disqualification, the 9-8 exacta paid $206 (2-1 over 49-1). Does anybody want to guess what the exacta would have paid if the original result stood?

Charlie D
03-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Boomer

The whipping was purely accidental, so unless it is an Auto take down, you can not DQ the horse for that incident

There was no interference, checking, blocking etc that caused Sugar Trade to lose momentum, just like there was none at Tampa when Gio Ponti was beaten.

So therefore, both Sugar Trade and Gio Ponti had every chance to pass the other horse and go on to win the race.

The decision to DQ Puddin on the Twist was incorrect, the decision not to DQ Karelian was correct.

boomman
03-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Boomer

The whipping was purely accidental, so unless it is an Auto take down, you can not DQ the horse for that incident

There was no interference, checking, blocking etc that caused Sugar Trade to lose momentum, just like there was none at Tampa when Gio Ponti was beaten.

So therefore, both Sugar Trade and Gio Ponti had every chance to pass the other horse and go on to win the race.

The decision to DQ Puddin on the Twist was incorrect, the decision not to DQ Karelian was correct.

So let me get this straight Charlie: You're really not asking our opinion, as you've already made up your mind. Do you honestly think it matters if the jock "accidently" hit the other horse with the whip? That is a ridiculous argument. When the other horse was struck he began "shieing away" from the 8 (naturally) AND the 8 was herding him to the outside at the same time. Your opinion is your opinion but it's silly to come on here acting like you care about ours only to ignore it when we give it. I had the horse on a LARGE pick 4 ticket and would have benefitted greatly by him staying up and am still telling you after 25+ years of working IN THE BOOTH that every group of stewards I have ever worked with would have taken the 8 down. That is the type of incident that they have ALWAYS demonstrated a consistent take...........

Boomer

Charlie D
03-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Boomer

Tell me where any interference, checking, blocking, losing of momentum by Sugar Trade took place. Tell me if you think the jockey on Puddin intentionally hit the other horse.

OTM Al
03-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Herding alone would likely not have resulted in the DQ, though it could. Striking the other horse with the whip is not an automatic, but more often than not does cause a DQ. Put the 2 together and I think you have a definite take down. Even Bossert in the Daily News thought so and he's usually one of the first to go blasting away at the stewards.

boomman
03-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Boomer

Tell me where any interference, checking, blocking, losing of momentum by Sugar Trade took place. Tell me if you think the jockey on Puddin intentionally hit the other horse.

When a horse is being herded to the outside he will not pass the other horse, and AGAIN whether the horse was hit INTENTIONALLY or not is irrelevant. He was hit in the face with the whip effectively costing him his best chance to win the race. If it was on purpose (in the opinion of the stewards) then the jock gets suspended along with the DQ, so that's the only consideration the stewards make there, not whether the horse should be DQ'd or not.........Time to move on Charlie:bang:

Boomer

Charlie D
03-08-2010, 09:53 AM
So what your implying Boomer iis Sugar Trades progress was interfered with.

As stated tell me where this happens as i cannot see where Sugar Trade loses any momentum.

Charlie D
03-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Answer these two questions with a simple yes or no

Did the whip incident stop the progress of Sugar Trade in any way???

Did the brushig stop the progress of Sugar Trade in any way??

TimesTheyRAChangin
03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
After the disqualification, the 9-8 exacta paid $206 (2-1 over 49-1). Does anybody want to guess what the exacta would have paid if the original result stood?

HPI shows it at $403.00.
TTRAC

fmolf
03-08-2010, 08:20 PM
So let me get this straight Charlie: You're really not asking our opinion, as you've already made up your mind. Do you honestly think it matters if the jock "accidently" hit the other horse with the whip? That is a ridiculous argument. When the other horse was struck he began "shieing away" from the 8 (naturally) AND the 8 was herding him to the outside at the same time. Your opinion is your opinion but it's silly to come on here acting like you care about ours only to ignore it when we give it. I had the horse on a LARGE pick 4 ticket and would have benefitted greatly by him staying up and am still telling you after 25+ years of working IN THE BOOTH that every group of stewards I have ever worked with would have taken the 8 down. That is the type of incident that they have ALWAYS demonstrated a consistent take...........

Boomer
Very very very very few times do jockeys ever intentionally whip a rival horse as they all know whether it is intentional or accidental it almost always always results in a dq!