PDA

View Full Version : Letswastemoney's 3/6 Big Cap LOCK of the day

letswastemoney
03-06-2010, 04:41 AM
I'll just analyze all of them down the line

Pick Six
Not a terrible effort last time. I do not like Solis though and would gamble that at least one horse will outfinish him. Good choice for underneath in exotics.

St. Trinians
Don't buy too much into the fillies and mares have never won this race stat. The Big Cap field has never been so weak and St. Trinians can show people just how weak the older horse division in So Cal is. In addition, she will be coming into this race with light weight.

Rendevous
Not one synthetic beyer figure over 94? No thanks. The division is weak, but not that weak.

Neko Bay
This horse cannot be written off, even if just simply because Shirreffs trains him. His best race is capable of winning.

Eagle Poise
No thanks.

Loup Breton
Could not pass Proudinsky after cutting the corner a few races back. Pass.

Mast Track
Need the lead type in a 10 furlong race on Pro-Ride? Pass

Pool Play
Last time he was seen at SA, he got beaten by the mighty Elysium Fields. Pass.

Marsh Side
Not impressed with his first Pro-Ride effort, nor am I impressed with his polytrack effort at Del Mar either. No thanks.

Tiger's Rock
Has never tried Pro-Ride before, although did win a polytrack race at Keeneland. Armstrong Mill is not that bad, so get the feeling this horse is capable of more than those low figures are saying. Use underneath in exotics.

Dakota Phone
Not a bad effort last time and will be charging late. Use underneath in exotics.

Delightful Kiss
It's a funny thing about how the drf comments list his Donn run as deceptively good, after everything I've read on this site about Quality Road's 121 beyer being a fraud.

That race does not have any bearing though on how he will do today, as this is a Pro-Ride race, and his one effort over SA wasn't that great. Possibly use him in the trifecta and superfecta.

Misremembered
I do not remember where I read this, but I read that Baffert was going to try something new and send him to the lead.

Mast Track says hi. Meanwhile, I think I will pass on this colt who was gasping for air in his only 10 furlong effort.

Jeranimo
This will be his first 10 F try. I do not think distance will be a problem as Congaree ran some monster races at 10 F, most notably when he was in the front pack of a super wicked pace in the Kentucky Derby and held on tough.

He possesses the highest Pro-Ride beyer and has a chance to win, but that sure is an ugly draw being stuck in the 14 slot.

There are only a few horses that can win this race: St. Trinians, Neko Bay, and Jeranimo.

I do not like Jeranimo's post position, and my feeling is that St. Trinians is better than Neko Bay....

which makes my LOCK of the day St. Trinians.

letswastemoney
03-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Okay, I admit I was way off.

Misremembered apparently CAN get 10 furlongs.

St. Trinians possibly overhyped.

My analysis stunk, I admit.