PDA

View Full Version : General Handicapping Discussion versus General Racing Discussion

Overlay
03-06-2010, 03:05 AM
Is it just me, or what? I can't remember the last time that I logged on to PA and saw more people on the General Handicapping Discussion board than on the General Racing Discussion board. Has it always been that way? (Maybe I have selective memory, but I have the impression that, in healthier times for racing, it used to be the other way around.) Could a comparison of the two be used as a possible leading (or trailing) indicator of when racing will have gotten its house in order, and be on the rebound? (Or maybe I'm answering my own question by posting this on the General Racing Discussion board, since it's not really directly related to handicapping. :) ) (Or has the difference always naturally existed because "General Racing Discussion" covers a broader area of possible subjects?)

Johnny V
03-06-2010, 07:10 AM
Although I am new on this forum, what I found interesting is the high number of posts on off topic subjects. I wouldn't have thought there would be so many of them (actually they are pretty good sometimes) on a site devoted to horse racing and handicapping.

098poi
03-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Although I am new on this forum, what I found interesting is the high number of posts on off topic subjects. I wouldn't have thought there would be so many of them (actually they are pretty good sometimes) on a site devoted to horse racing and handicapping.

That's true. This site could be called "Pacebook". :D I don't really care what forum a post is in. I just look at the home page and look at the titles and see what catches my eye. Welcome to the forum by the way. Sometimes these guys (and gals) can be a pain but be prepared to be humbled by their knowledge of horseracing.

proximity
03-06-2010, 10:14 AM
interesting thread overlay.

personally i think many of these handicapping topics are better discussed live and in person. i enjoy reading handicapping books, articles, and posts here but LOVE to see serious players live in the heat of battle!!

Robert Goren
03-06-2010, 11:37 AM
For people who take blood pressure medication under Quick Links there is a "New Post (Exclude Off-Topic)" option. ;)