PDA

View Full Version : HTR Vs HSH

gambler844
08-16-2001, 09:32 PM
Im trying to figure out the difference between them. Any help would be appreciated. It seems HTR has a lot more written material and a demo. This helps. Thanks

JimG
08-16-2001, 10:15 PM
I've used both, along with about everything on the market at at one time or another <g>, and could not begin to explain the difference.

I will say they are very different programs and trying to compare them is like trying to compare apples and oranges, in my opinion.

Jim

Dick Schmidt
08-16-2001, 10:41 PM
Gambler,

I have also used both, and regularly use HSH. As Jim said, they really can't be compared, except that both pick horses. HTR is a stable produce with good documentation and support. It implements a handicapping method (more or less) developed by Tom Brohamer in the mid 1980's or so. Heavy reliance on pace and model keeping. You can track just about anything.

HSH is an ongoing, cutting edge product that is harder to learn (a manual is coming) and uses a unique approach to analyze a race. It has a database query tool and will soon include artificial intelligence aids. It is a constantly evolving product.

Both are designed for professional level play, with HTR's models demanding almost daily input for optimum performance. HSH has a steeper learning curve, but is much more adaptable to your personal style. A lot depends on you, the user, and how adaptable you are to change. If you want an absolutely stable product, go with HTR. If you can adapt to change and are open to new (and sometimes strange) ideas, HSH may be for you. An analogy could be made looking at horses and airplanes 100 years ago (or so). Any horse could beat the Wright brothers airplane at any distance over 100 yards, but which had more potential, the fussy, creaky, dangerous airplane or the highly perfected horse? Which would win a race even five years later?

As you can tell, I have made the decision that the future belongs to HSH, however for a great many people, HTR may better fit their needs.

Dick

hurrikane
08-28-2001, 12:42 PM
Hey Dick...tough analogy there.

First manned flight (though there were earilier flights documented in Europe..no way we let them have that glory)...Dec 1903...1908 Wright Bros go to europe to dev faster plane that will fly longer..5 years....plane wins by a nose.

The first person ever killed on an airplane...Sept 1908..5yrs....Orville crashed with an Army Lt after flying 75 ft into the air...chaulk one up for the horse.

You all be careful over there at HSH. :D :D :D :D