PDA

View Full Version : Tales from The Crypt.

Suff
07-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Can't go down and come back from NYC without a NYC story can I? Nope. Here's one. All the facts are true.

A guy is Married 9 years to the same wife in Harlem.

She shows up in a suitcase , on a street with trash, without her head attached.

In her Pants Pocket is her ID with address and so forth.

They go to her husband who has'nt reported her missing and show him the ID with Photo. Check out his response.

"I don't recognize the person in that Photo".

This is wife of 9 years who the COPS know he was living with a few days earlier..

So they Haul him downtown and he Confess's after a couple of questions.

He Killed her by accident.

He waited an hour.

He used a Handsaw and cut her head off.

Then he took a NAP.

Then he took the body out with the trash.

And then he put the head in bag and threw it in a dumpster.

Then went back home and back to bed.

Told the COPS after his confession. "I just Lost my Head"

True story. It was in the NY papers this week,

railbird
07-06-2003, 03:48 PM
hey, sufferin

what 's your point????

Suff
07-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Same Point as the NYPOST had when they printed the story.

Its whacky and people find it oddly interesting to read about.

But my Hidden Point of what I really meant was.

The Yankees Suck. lol.,....j/k railbird. Its just a whacky story...

I did'nt mean to offend you or mean NY is whacky... I love NY. Thats why I go all the time.

andicap
07-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Here's my Boston anecdote,
It's about 15 years ago and me and my colleague are taking a cab to the "Cheers" bar. (Yes, a real touristy thing to do-- and no one ever comes to NY to check out the "Seinfeld" restaurent.)
Anyway, we're driving down a one-way street and I notice that we have passed the bar -- never mind that a cabbie wouldn't have implanted on the brain one of the town's biggest hotspots for visitors -- so I tell her we passed the bar, which of course is not called "Cheers" in real life.
So this lady starts to BACK UP the wrong way of a one-way street, and we were a good 2 blocks past the bar at this point. My friend (a woman) was screaming in the back seat and I quietly informed the driver that she should just go around the block and please shut off the meter.

In all my years in New York, and I have worked there since 1986, I have never seen a cab driver back up the wrong way down a one-way street.

It ain't a headless corpse, but it sure is wacky.

And oh yes, the worst drivers in the country are in Boston.

But boy, can you get good seafood there.

David McKenzie
07-06-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by andicap
...And oh yes, the worst drivers in the country are in Boston.

No arguement there, but compared to Montreal motorists they're downright sane! ;)

railbird
07-07-2003, 12:07 PM
The shame of it is that these stories are getting so commonplace, that it it laughable !! But the most worster drivers have to be ,.... will always be,..... NEW JERSEY!! , and i am not biased because i was born in Hoboken NJ and drove a cab in N.Y. BTW............................................... .................................................. ............................. YANKEES +3 !!!!!!!!!

cj
07-07-2003, 12:49 PM
My take....

Worst drivers in the states, hands down, no question, Boston. I've lived in Baltimore, DC, Dallas, Denver, and New Jersey for ten years, and none of these comes close.

As for the seafood, Boston might be good, but Maryland is the best!

Suff
07-07-2003, 01:17 PM
from a bay? no way.

also....Sox will win tonight....

and as far as drivers go.... I support Andy's cab driver. Why the hell they put a reverse gear in the car in the first place? To GO BACKWARDS!!!