PDA

View Full Version : So, we are 5 weeks away !!!

cj's dad
03-05-2010, 07:42 PM
From the Rachel Alexandra and Zenyatta match-up at Oaklawn Park;

Anyone care to list if they are attending: ?????

Zenyatta To Crush
03-05-2010, 08:03 PM
From the Rachel Alexandra and Zenyatta match-up at Oaklawn Park;

Anyone care to list if they are attending: ?????
I want to see the preps races first before deciding anything. According to Jess Jackson, Rachel is at about 85%. I'm not sure if thats what he thinks or if Asmussen told him that. I just hope they can both win their preps easily. I'm not concerned about Zenyatta, she seems to be in peak form. I'm more worried that RA's prep race takes more effort than people thought.

Here's an interesting article about the showdown...sorry if it has already been posted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/04/sports/04racing.html?scp=1&sq=jess%20jackson&st=cse

TJDave
03-05-2010, 08:20 PM
But I was gonna be there regardless.

Unless someone offers me a wheelbarrow full of money. ;)

WinterTriangle
03-05-2010, 09:04 PM
But I was gonna be there regardless.

Same here, I always book the weekend of the AR Derby.

I'm actually going every weekend from now til the end of the meet. Can't wait for the Rebel.

letswastemoney
03-05-2010, 09:06 PM
I want to see the preps races first before deciding anything. According to Jess Jackson, Rachel is at about 85%. I'm not sure if thats what he thinks or if Asmussen told him that. I just hope they can both win their preps easily. I'm not concerned about Zenyatta, she seems to be in peak form. I'm more worried that RA's prep race takes more effort than people thought.

Here's an interesting article about the showdown...sorry if it has already been posted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/04/sports/04racing.html?scp=1&sq=jess%20jackson&st=cse
I hope RA loses her prep so that I could get a decent price on her pending victory over Zenyatta :cool:

Tom
03-06-2010, 10:24 AM
I'd laugh my ass off it they both lose their preps.:lol:
When is that race anyway, the third on Monday? :rolleyes:

joanied
03-06-2010, 12:17 PM
I thought I was going...and for a little while I was so excited...but, alas, reality set in...since we farm for a living, and that first 10 days or so of April are incredibly busy for us, and the fact I won't fly and the drive, 1,500 miles would keep me away from the farm for a week...I ain't going:( :( :( ...
hope the TV coverage is good.

I am nervous for both mares in their prep races...I can't see either loosing, but as far as I can tell, looks like RA will face a tougher field in her race...and I think they will try winning it with her eased near the wire (if she has no one chasing her down) to save some energy.

I do wish everyone that gets to be there will have a wonderful time and realize what they are witness to...history in the making!

breezing
03-06-2010, 02:19 PM
i'll be there.