PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer R2 3/05

WinterTriangle
03-05-2010, 07:35 PM
that 3 year old took tons of money, went off at 6/5 I think, late $$ was pouring into the show pool on him too, at one point show pool was almost more than win pool. about $18K

I made money NOT betting him:) .............and the #3 didn't even hit the board. Bet somebody lost a load

GlenninOhio
03-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Looks like John Baird bought this filly privately from Asmussen.

My "20/20 hindsight" take:

1. When Asmussen gives up on a young horse, he is wrong far less frequently than most. It took him just one start to move this $35k Keeneland yearling purchase into the claiming ranks and it was downhill from there.

2. The filly was "dropping" from 15,000N2L at Sam Houston to 5,000N2L at MNR. Based on my limited experience with Hou shippers to Kentucky tracks, they are very often underlays. Be extra careful of MSW and lifetime allowance levels at Hou as these tend to be cheap horses in disguise.

3. The chart caller at MNR (who I think is very good) said the filly "struggled throughout". That sounds pretty ominous.

lamboguy
03-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Looks like John Baird bought this filly privately from Asmussen.

My "20/20 hindsight" take:

1. When Asmussen gives up on a young horse, he is wrong far less frequently than most. It took him just one start to move this $35k Keeneland yearling purchase into the claiming ranks and it was downhill from there.

2. The filly was "dropping" from 15,000N2L at Sam Houston to 5,000N2L at MNR. Based on my limited experience with Hou shippers to Kentucky tracks, they are very often underlays. Be extra careful of MSW and lifetime allowance levels at Hou as these tend to be cheap horses in disguise.

3. The chart caller at MNR (who I think is very good) said the filly "struggled throughout". That sounds pretty ominous.that has got to be the understatement of the year!