PDA

View Full Version : PA at Saratoga

OTM Al
03-05-2010, 04:58 PM
First true sign of the winter soon to be over showed in the mail yesterday. I got all our table confirmations and tickets for the annual gathering, 14th - 22nd of August. We have exactly the same tables every day, except for Saturday the 21st in which we will be over a little as someone managed to beat me to the punch. Hopefully it is another group like us and then it will make little difference.

Anyway, the countdown is on. Ready to start writing my restraunt reviews again as well. Might even get a few previews on that one as I'll probably be up there a time or 2 before the season starts again.

BillW
03-05-2010, 05:07 PM
First true sign of the winter soon to be over showed in the mail yesterday. I got all our table confirmations and tickets for the annual gathering, 14th - 22nd of August. We have exactly the same tables every day, except for Saturday the 21st in which we will be over a little as someone managed to beat me to the punch. Hopefully it is another group like us and then it will make little difference.

Anyway, the countdown is on. Ready to start writing my restraunt reviews again as well. Might even get a few previews on that one as I'll probably be up there a time or 2 before the season starts again.

Drape a few extension cords across their table and who knows, they may decide to trade. :D

PaceAdvantage
05-01-2010, 12:08 PM
With less than four months to go, it's about time I open this section of the forum...

Thanks again to OTM Al for getting us the tables once again!

BillW
05-01-2010, 12:11 PM
With less than four months to go, it's about time I open this section of the forum...

Thanks again to OTM Al for getting us the tables once again!

:ThmbUp:

OTM Al
05-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Wow. And I thought I was the only one so board with the Derby that I was thinking about Saratoga. Yep, we're all set on the tables. Will post a new thread later when TC dies down a bit for attendance and quetsions.

Btw posting from my new iPad at Belmont. Watched the 2000 Guineas on it on the way in. This thing is awesome.

offtrack
05-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm thinking Saratoga this week too, sent in my check for the cheapo seasons pass. Less than a buck a day to get into the grandstand.

Thanks OTM Al, for the reservation news on the PA week at Saratoga, under the tent.

Spendabuck85
05-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Wow. And I thought I was the only one so board with the Derby that I was thinking about Saratoga. Yep, we're all set on the tables. Will post a new thread later when TC dies down a bit for attendance and quetsions.

Btw posting from my new iPad at Belmont. Watched the 2000 Guineas on it on the way in. This thing is awesome.

3G version??

OTM Al
05-01-2010, 04:46 PM
3G version??
Yep. 3G really sucks the power on these things though. Not going to get anywhere near the quoted 10 hrs use time if you are using it though. Not sure yet if the wifi eats it as fast as haven't used it much at home yet. Still though it's pretty cool.

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2010, 01:47 AM
Yep. 3G really sucks the power on these things though. Not going to get anywhere near the quoted 10 hrs use time if you are using it though. Not sure yet if the wifi eats it as fast as haven't used it much at home yet. Still though it's pretty cool.WiFi uses less battery power on the iPhone...I'm gonna assume it's the same on the iPad...

joeprunes
05-02-2010, 08:10 AM
My god 8 yrs already, time to make reservations. I heard saratoga raceing may close this year any truth? My favorite time of the year BUT winter is right behind it..till then .....joe

badcompany
05-03-2010, 01:03 AM
In the words of Cosmo Kramer:

"In my mind, I'm already gone."

JustRalph
05-03-2010, 01:38 AM
WiFi uses less battery power on the iPhone...I'm gonna assume it's the same on the iPad...

I get 10=11 hours on wifi version of the IPAD at home......no 3g here.

cj's dad
05-03-2010, 03:30 AM
cj, Justin and I will be there from the 19th thru the 21st.

Will be good to see everyone again !!

Zippy Chippy
05-06-2010, 07:54 PM
cj, Justin and I will be there from the 19th thru the 21st.

Will be good to see everyone again !!

I will go. Someone fill me in with the details

cj's dad
05-06-2010, 09:29 PM
8-14 thru 8-22. PA group is in the festival tent

More info will follow in the next month or so

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Maybe we can get some of the girls from "Cougar Life" to stop by... :lol:

BillW
05-06-2010, 10:12 PM

:jump:

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2010, 10:27 PM
:jump:I stole that joke from you, didn't I? :lol:

BillW
05-06-2010, 10:32 PM
I stole that joke from you, didn't I? :lol:

:jump: :p

ArlJim78
05-07-2010, 01:13 AM

I'm sure they (http://i44.tinypic.com/2luuqrk.jpg) will stop by.

Grits
05-07-2010, 09:17 AM

My gut tells me cougar arrivals are 60-1.

Odds better--only one old broad shows up. :lol:

pktruckdriver
05-07-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm thinking Saratoga this week too, sent in my check for the cheapo seasons pass. Less than a buck a day to get into the grandstand.

Thanks OTM Al, for the reservation news on the PA week at Saratoga, under the tent.

Please tell me how to do this, and how much, as I am in Saratoga now, got me a job and will be waiting for the gang to show up. :ThmbUp:

Now as far as Cougars go, sign me up and I will evaluate our possibilities, as I am a single person, and pretty good evalutor of talent, :jump: .

Also I am still looking for a budget place to stay for the whole season, if anyone has a suggestion or a spare room, as right now finding a place in my budget is not too easy, and the season will be here before we know it.

Patrick

Ted Craven
05-07-2010, 01:47 PM
I'll be there from around the 18th - 23rd. PaceandCap/Sartin group has some tables this year the Friday thru Sunday. Al, I don't think it was me who scooped you on Saturday - our tables seem to be all over the place...

Looking forward to seeing folks again!

Ted

http://www.sartinmethodology.com/images/pa/sar2009-2.gif

http://www.sartinmethodology.com/images/pa/sar2009-1.gif

OTM Al
05-07-2010, 02:24 PM
I'll be there from around the 18th - 23rd. PaceandCap/Sartin group has some tables this year the Friday thru Sunday. Al, I don't think it was me who scooped you on Saturday - our tables seem to be all over the place...

Looking forward to seeing folks again!

Ted

As long as you bring your mom again, all is good. She was cleaning up last year!

Rookies
05-07-2010, 06:27 PM
The Rookies boys will be there for the first weekend. So, I'll try to drop by then. In the posse is my close neighbour ( and hard core Con that will befriend all of you who bat from the other side of the plate.) Plus, as a lad of Irish extraction like meeself, he has the gift of blarney that has 'them' coming by like honey bees. And trust me, there were no cougars last year! ;)

His Mom says that his dad was the inspiration for 'Mad Men'! :lol: Doesn't fall far from da tree, I'm telling you...

pktruckdriver
05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm sure they (http://i44.tinypic.com/2luuqrk.jpg) will stop by.

God Help us :lol:

patrick

John
05-09-2010, 08:19 PM
:jump: :p

Bill are you coming this year.

:) :) :)

BillW
05-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Bill are you coming this year.

I haven't ruled it out - how about you?

Maxspa
05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Mr. Bill W.
What is with this new Lexington Address???? A High Society Lady there with plenty of MONEY????
Hope you can make it up to Saratoga for the Annual PA TOGA PARTY!!!
Maxspa

BillW
05-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Mr. Bill W.
What is with this new Lexington Address???? A High Society Lady there with plenty of MONEY????
Hope you can make it up to Saratoga for the Annual PA TOGA PARTY!!!
Maxspa

:lol: Not quite Max, just a routine move.

badcompany
05-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Al,

Have you ever done breakfast at this place? If not, I highly recommend it. Amazing fresh made jam, sausage and home fries. Pancakes kick arse,too.

Country Corner Cafe
serving breakfast and lunch daily. Home style cooking, a relaxed atmosphere and fast, friendly service are our specialties. Take out is available from our entire menu.

25 Church Street
(one block off Broadway
behind the Post Office)
Saratoga Springs, NY

pktruckdriver
05-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Al,

Have you ever done breakfast at this place? If not, I highly recommend it. Amazing fresh made jam, sausage and home fries. Pancakes kick arse,too.

Country Corner Cafe
serving breakfast and lunch daily. Home style cooking, a relaxed atmosphere and fast, friendly service are our specialties. Take out is available from our entire menu.

25 Church Street
(one block off Broadway
behind the Post Office)
Saratoga Springs, NY

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Extremely Awesome

Had breakfast there today, and will again tomorrow.

Patrick

John
05-10-2010, 09:47 PM
:lol: Not quite Max, just a routine move.

I know Bill, the first time you went to KY you loved it. That's a good move.

I will make plans with Charlie and if he is up to it we will be there. Too early right now.

WINMANWIN
05-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Hi Gents, Hope I can attend this year also, Possibly, If U WANNA TWIST lands in the Gimmicks Preakness day, I can TWIST with you fellows at Toga ! :cool:

PaceAdvantage
05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Hi Gents, Hope I can attend this year also, Possibly, If U WANNA TWIST lands in the Gimmicks Preakness day, I can TWIST with you fellows at Toga ! :cool:DUDE! Blast from the past! Would love to see you up there this year WMW...

offtrack
05-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Just spent a week in Saratoga watching the St Clements jumpers, and the 2-yo's working and schooling at Oaklahoma. Very enjoyable.

I noticed that the Country Corner Cafe now has a twin location open in the strip mall just beyond the High Rock Spring area. Good for brakfast and lunch.

Also was able to firm up my schdeule to attend every day at the races again this year. So count me in for the PA tent event.

joeprunes
05-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Hey "gomba" your one of the originals will be good to see you....joeprunes

BillW
05-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi Gents, Hope I can attend this year also, Possibly, If U WANNA TWIST lands in the Gimmicks Preakness day, I can TWIST with you fellows at Toga ! :cool:

Damn Win where'd you disappear to? I hope all is well and that you can make the trip!

John
05-13-2010, 08:19 PM
DUDE! Blast from the past! Would love to see you up there this year WMW...

How could we ever forget your famous words. " Am I right or am I right. John, if you don't bet this horse you must be on heroin "

What a pleasure to see you again :) :) :)

Tape Reader
05-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Are tote board readers allowed at this Saratoga event?

John
05-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Are tote board readers allowed at this Saratoga event?

ALL ARE WELCOME ... MEN AND WOMAN THAT LOVE THE SPORT OF THOROUGHBREDS

LOOKING FOREWARD TO MEETING YOU TAPE READER

Trijack
05-14-2010, 09:32 AM
I have often wondered what happened to WMW. I took that picture of him the first year we went to Toga

badcompany
05-15-2010, 12:17 AM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Extremely Awesome

Had breakfast there today, and will again tomorrow.

Patrick

Well done, sir.

I'm scheduled to go up there for the last two weeks of July and two four day weekends in August, but, I'm thinking about taking a pre-vacation vacation in June. My main game is harness. So, I hit the State Park during the day and the racino at night.

joeprunes
05-18-2010, 07:43 AM
To all, especially first timers. get your reservations NOW or you will be out of luck come august. I got my rooms 19,20 21 of aug at island view motel in lake lazerne. dennis did you make yours yet? I have extra room reserved if anyone gets stuck.....joeprunes

WINMANWIN
05-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Nice to hear from you :ThmbUp: The Preakness was a NICE PROFIT RACE :eek: When Dutrow Won the Black Eyed Susan Friday, Yawanna Twist
30 TO 1 morning line, took some extra money, off at 16 to 1, First Dude was 20 to 1 ML, off at 24 to 1, He had 2 Holster works, As we all know, It's a BOARD GAME, I was Surprised to see FIRST DUDE at that price :jump: ANDY SERLING, Deserves Big Accolades, Belmont Stakes Blog » Looks Can Be Deceiving, He liked FIRST DUDE. :ThmbUp:

cj's dad
05-18-2010, 01:10 PM
To all, especially first timers. get your reservations NOW or you will be out of luck come august. I got my rooms 19,20 21 of aug at island view motel in lake lazerne. dennis did you make yours yet? I have extra room reserved if anyone gets stuck.....joeprunes

Yes Joe; same days as you and yours. I put the check in the mail Sunday.

joeprunes
05-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Good dennis looking forward to seeing you and sons. For anyone out there I will hold the room for one more week for 19,20,21 of aug. or you can have any of those dates I dont want to get stuck with them so first come will get them or I will cancel those reservations after a week..I believe its $85 a night....joe

cj's dad
05-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Good dennis looking forward to seeing you and sons. For anyone out there I will hold the room for one more week for 19,20,21 of aug. or you can have any of those dates I dont want to get stuck with them so first come will get them or I will cancel those reservations after a week..I believe its $85 a night....joe

BTW- both cj an Justin will be there- we can hang out at the bar right up the road - looking fwd. to seeing you guys again !!!