PDA

View Full Version : March is here and May will be soon...

pktruckdriver
03-04-2010, 07:17 PM
I may not have been here this time, as I have had a few things to deal woth, but this time of year is the best for me, it brings another chance for "The Score".

Yes the elusive, all too often guy next to you at the OTB, or the races that day, but come Derby Day , that 1st Saturday in May there comes the chance again for "The Score". The one dreams are made of and life's changed by, maybe only slightly but, changed none-the-less.

Each year my hopes get up and I just know this year will be my year to hit the Big One, the Superfecta, and or Pick Six, as I have done everything else, hit the winner, exacta's and tri's, but have always missed the bigger payday, even when it was right there for me to take, let me show you a few examples

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/news/story?id=2056747

And last year, $278,503.83 on the Superfecta, using the longshots on top, with the 4-5 predictable winners underneath, typical strategy, yeah right, but you get the idea, thare's money to be made here, and this year it is my year.

I am kinda, well just like Charlie Brown and Lucy , you know pulling the football away everytime, but poor old Charlie keeps trying , and so do I again.

But somehow this year there is no BB yet, no? The question is has this years Derby Winner raced yet, as it seems the new trend to not race so much, just hit a big payoff to get in and go for the Roses, as what used to be , is no longer, or is it?

Pletcher has some good proespect's, but McLaughlin has a sleeper in Trappe Shot, I think, watch out for this one, and wouldn't it be nice if Hollendorfer got a Derby Winner, and with Russell on it too boot, now that would be worth seeing, wouldn't it??

See so many dreams this year, and mine too is still there, hope yours is too, and if you like then tell what it is here, or tell us of previous dreams that came true the First Saturday of May.

pktruckdriver
03-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Over a hundred of you read this post, thank you.

Now I think, and still do think that the best mutuel day in horse racing is Ky. Derby Day, without too many arguements, either. This day can change your life, but then so can a normal day at the races too if you key up a longshot in all the "Vertical" wagers , (ex/tri/super) ,and still have a life changing day, as 1.00 supers each day payout 5-10k and sometimes larger, so...

But 20 horse fields now-a-days and no longer a "Field"bet either, but we must use all 20 seperately, very tough job.

So I have come to the sad reliazation that maybe I should not waste my money on this race anymore, as this is no longer an easy thing for me to handicap, and what handicapping I do , suggests to me that this race should be left alone , as there are more races on the card that day, with more normality and sufficent data to make better Handicapping decisions on, or so I think.

Now I may still watse 50 on this race as follows

5 lonegst shots on top of the 5 lowest odds in 1.00 exacta for 25.00/reverse
(or maybe do this for 2.00 and 50.00 total)

But most likely just forget about my longtime dream of making the "Big Score" off the Derby, as it just logically makes no sense anymore, but I will make money in this venue someday in the future, when all the things line up and the world becomes a litttle more friendly to me, then i will find a way play again, until then I will have all this time to study and learn, PRACTICE PRACTICE AND more PRACTICE, so watch out , I will return with winning in my future, but no conquering the Derby, maybe conquering life will be easier...

To all those still chasing this dream I wish you all the best of luck, and if this is your year, please share it with us here on PA.

Till Later

Cat Thief
03-22-2010, 10:38 PM
I think if you try pick 6 chances are as good as the lottery. I just enjoy the race so if I can get a $300 triactor I would be happy