PDA

View Full Version : Are you having a bad day ??

cj's dad
03-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Things Got Ya Down? Well Then, Consider These . . ...

In a hospital's Intensive Care Unit, patients always died in the same bed, on Sunday morning, at about11:00 am, regardless of their medical condition. This puzzled the doctors and some even thought it had something to do with the super natural. No one could solve the mystery as to why the deaths occurred around 11:00 AM Sunday, so a worldwide team of experts was assembled to investigate the cause of the incidents. The next Sunday morning, a few minutes before 11:00 AM all of the doctors and nurses nervously waited outside the ward to see for themselves what the terrible phenomenon was all about. Some were holding wooden crosses, prayer books, and other holy objects to ward off the evil spirits. Just when the clock struck 11:00, Pookie Johnson, the part-time Sunday sweeper, entered the ward and unplugged the life support system so he could use the vacuum cleaner.

Still Having a Bad Day????

The average cost of rehabilitating a seal after the Exxon Valdez Oil spill in Alaska was $80,000.00. At a special ceremony, two of the most expensively saved animals were being released back into the wild amid cheers and applause from onlookers. A minute later, in full view, a killer whale ate them both.

Still think you are having a Bad Day????

A woman came home to find her husband in the kitchen shaking frantically, almost in a dancing frenzy, with some kind of wire running from his waist towards the electric kettle. Intending to jolt him away from the deadly current, she whacked him with a handy plank of wood, breaking his arm in two places. Up to that moment, he had been happily listening to his Walkman.

Are Ya OK Now? - No?

Two animal rights defenders were protesting the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn , Germany . Suddenly, all two thousand pigs broke loose and escaped through a broken fence, stampeding madly. The two helpless protesters were trampled to death.

What?!? STILL having a Bad Day????

Iraqi terrorist Khay Rahnajet did not pay enough postage on a letter bomb. It came back with 'Return to Sender' stamped on it. Forgetting it was the bomb, he opened it and was blown to bits.

There now, Feeling Better?

johnhannibalsmith
03-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks. :ThmbUp:

46zilzal
03-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Never had this problem for years as all I had to do was to go on the hospice ward and talk to many of the emaciated, bald, chemo patients many in their late thirties to get a dose of reality as compared to my picayune problems.

johnhannibalsmith
03-04-2010, 01:53 PM
When you've landed in Hospice... aren't you pretty much at the end of the road? Every time I went to Hospice, the patients were beyond chemo and interested only in pain management.

46zilzal
03-04-2010, 02:07 PM
When you've landed in Hospice... aren't you pretty much at the end of the road? Every time I went to Hospice, the patients were beyond chemo and interested only in pain management.
The only commonality on a hospice is that they have thrown in the towel. Treatments vary with the individual from rhizotomies (cutting the nerves in the lateral spinothalamic track which carry pain and temperature to the brain) to ad lib opiates, to whatever the treatment plan is.

There are some gut wrenching physical changes that occur. I once had to help with a decubitus ulcer on a woman who had a glioma in the middle of her brain protruding out her nasal cavity....we had to put Vick's vapo-rub on our upper lip to be able to stand the odor. Poor woman was embarrassed and kept apologizing. That was a tough day.

cj's dad
03-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Damn, somehow I thought I would start this to get a few folks to have a chuckle or two !?!

Thanks for the deflating input Zilly !!

46zilzal
03-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the deflating input Zilly !!
Not deflating at all, but shows that as bad as we might THINK we have it, one is unaware of the depths that things can become sequestered away in a hospice unit.

I found relevance each and every day when I walked out of those wards. My life, in comparison, is a cake walk..and I haven't even mentioned the burn unit which is worse.

johnhannibalsmith
03-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Not deflating at all, but shows that as bad as we might THINK we have it, one is unaware of the depths that things can become sequestered away in a hospice unit.

I found relevance each and every day when I walked out of those wards. My life, in comparison, is a cake walk..and I haven't even mentioned the burn unit which is worse.

Sorry for taking this upstream again CJ's Dad, but...

Zilly - I'm sure you've been PRIVY to vastly more exposure to Hospice than I have, BUT, in my undereducated experience, Hospice is full of people that are at PEACE with the eventuality of LIFE. It may not be uplifting, but your characterization of it as DEPRESSING (not necessarily in the clinical sense) seems a little off the mark. The burn UNIT is a superior example.

46zilzal
03-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Sorry for taking this upstream again CJ's Dad, but...

Zilly - I'm sure you've been PRIVY to vastly more exposure to Hospice than I have, BUT, in my undereducated experience, Hospice is full of people that are at PEACE with the eventuality of LIFE. It may not be uplifting, but your characterization of it as DEPRESSING (not necessarily in the clinical sense) seems a little off the mark. The burn UNIT is a superior example.
I said it provided relevance never mentioning that it was one way or the other. Those characterizations were of your description.

I became interested in medicine as the result of growing up with a relative who had cerebral palsy. It was the lifelong inspiration of his state of affairs relative to mine that prompted me to follow that route.

johnhannibalsmith
03-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Fair enough. Perhaps I misinterpreted the allusions in your posts... you tend to make that easy on a guy.

46zilzal
03-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Fair enough. Perhaps I misinterpreted the allusions in your posts... you tend to make that easy on a guy.
Keep looking, hung up in a specific ideology, and it will continue to color your understanding of a many a neutral statement.

cj's dad
03-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Zilly, as I pointed out to you in a PM, I have seen the very dark side of life and hate having been exposed to it and the devastation it can wreak on others.

sometimes we just need a laugh, that's all !!!

46zilzal
03-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Zilly, as I pointed out to you in a PM, I have seen the very dark side of life and hate having been exposed to it and the devastation it can wreak on others.

................and I, on the other hand, USE that experience to remain focused in the realities of this life. It provides BALANCE because even though it is hidden from most of us, it is still there.

I very much appreciated hearing of our parallel experiences.

johnhannibalsmith
03-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Keep looking, hung up in a specific ideology, and it will continue to color your understanding of a many a neutral statement.

What praytell does your neutral statement imply about my ideology?

46zilzal
03-04-2010, 06:38 PM
What praytell does your neutral statement imply about my ideology?
It is much akin to what my friend from Northern Ireland once related to me: "No matter if you were Jewish, Hindu or Buddhist, from cradle to grave you were put into a class as Protestant or Catholic and NO MATTER what you did in your life from school to gardening to whatever, (on this board handicapping and wagering) your entire life was colored by others definition of you on that black and white basis."

Same here. and it gets very old

46zilzal
03-04-2010, 06:57 PM
My good friend Bob (from 24, Desperate Housewives and the Shawshank Redemption) once told me how "honored" he was to have met my cousin.
"That was the first time I can remember really understanding that some one had a pure physical problem and remember how courageously he overcame it."

So Wayne helped shape two lives, at least, by his example.

JustRalph
03-04-2010, 07:14 PM
It's official:

Hijacked!!

cj's dad
03-04-2010, 07:56 PM
It's official:

Hijacked!!

I think this thread is the model for all time !!

BTW, did you hear the one about the Catholic and Jew who ....................................

never mind !! :bang:

johnhannibalsmith
03-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah... sorry for helping the jacking... I actually was enjoying the thread...

46zilzal
03-04-2010, 08:56 PM
It's official:

Hijacked!!
didn't long to prove by point "It is much akin to what my friend from Northern Ireland once related to me: "No matter if you were Jewish, Hindu or Buddhist, from cradle to grave you were put into a class as Protestant or Catholic and NO MATTER what you did in your life from school to gardening to whatever, (on this board handicapping and wagering) your entire life was colored by others definition of you on that black and white basis."

Same here. and it gets very old"

Greyfox
03-04-2010, 09:20 PM
My homely secretary was having a bad day.

I asked her: "What's wrong?"

She replied: "I invited a Peeping Tom in and he ran away."

Tom
03-04-2010, 09:59 PM
You know it's a bad day when you see 46 posting in your thread.

Greyfox
03-04-2010, 10:05 PM
You know it's a bad day when you see 46 posting in your thread.

:lol: :lol:

Greyfox
03-04-2010, 10:15 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2kjisMm3M9Y/SsMrO-zrpVI/AAAAAAAAKQc/DIfpsxoLarc/s400/bizarro-batman-funny-comic-strip.jpg.

Tom
03-04-2010, 10:20 PM
This is for CJD and all the snow he got in Baltimore this year.......
MtacFlDUjRM&feature=player_embedded

Tom
03-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Fa5MVKHw4t0&feature=related

Greyfox
03-04-2010, 10:44 PM
http://earthfirst.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/trump-hair.jpg.

cj's dad
03-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Fa5MVKHw4t0&feature=related

Now, THATS FUNNY !!!!!!

Greyfox
03-05-2010, 11:25 AM
fjNY3S-E25A