PDA

View Full Version : Super Thursday at Meydan

gm10
03-04-2010, 05:22 AM
Some of the better known horses:

race 1: Vale Of York (will need the run), Musir (UAE 2000 Guineas winner)
race 2: Desert Party, War Artist, Barbecue Eddie
race 3: Skysurfers (up and coming Godolphin horse)
race 4: Purple Moon, Campanologist
race 5: Cavalryman, Vodka (HK superstar), Gloria De Campeao
race 6: Alexandros, Presvis, Justenuffhumour, Ibn Khaldun

Spalding No!
03-04-2010, 05:26 AM
Musir is scratched.

gm10
03-04-2010, 05:36 AM
Musir is scratched.

damn

Linny
03-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Vodka is from Japan, not HK. If she runs well in the Maktoum Challenge, she may try the DWC instead of the Duty Free. This will be her forst non-grass race.

netbet
03-04-2010, 08:54 AM
I have a thread posted in the selections forum if anyone wants to join the discussion. :)

Tread
03-04-2010, 09:11 AM
What is the conventional wisdom on the new track surface? I've read that it is more favorable to closers, much like many turf/synth surfaces in the US, is this true?

gm10
03-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Vodka is from Japan, not HK. If she runs well in the Maktoum Challenge, she may try the DWC instead of the Duty Free. This will be her forst non-grass race.

yes you're right - I was thinking about it when I was having lunch today

gm10
03-04-2010, 09:27 AM
What is the conventional wisdom on the new track surface? I've read that it is more favorable to closers, much like many turf/synth surfaces in the US, is this true?

My impression is that it's a fair track. Closers certainly have their chance, but so do horses who are at or near the front of the race early on. It's a typical synthetic surface, you need to be able to reach high cruising speed about 2F out and keep going.
(Generally I don't really think the synthetic surfaces are like the turf, although they share the property that front runners are not at an advantage.)

Bobby Seller
03-04-2010, 11:11 AM
anyone know the website for free replays of Meydan races?

The 2nd(Vale of York) race was very slow off. There was a horse I thought had run inside behind horses maybe 3rd-5th on the turn, looked to have a lot of run....
Mendib is certainly bred for the dirt, but he'll never see that pace in a USA race.