PDA

View Full Version : henry ford was right

acorn54
03-04-2010, 01:18 AM
once asked why he paid his workers so much henry ford replied "i pay my workers so much so there is someone that can buy my cars".
i see a permanent shift to a lower standard of living for the average american.
today the average wages being offered to new hires is so low that people can only afford to buy the basic neccessities of living. thus the economy will not be consumer driven.

jonnielu
03-04-2010, 07:20 AM
once asked why he paid his workers so much henry ford replied "i pay my workers so much so there is someone that can buy my cars".
today the average wages being offered to new hires is so low that people can only afford to buy the basic neccessities of living. thus the economy will not be consumer driven.

Now you can see what the mid-70's recession was about, the foundation for the national company store that we have now.

jdl

DJofSD
03-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Make purchases at local shops and stores, if possible, and not the Walmarts. Don't do business with the top 6 or 7 national banks. Don't buy Chinese if an alternate from a different country is available which I know is more easily said than done.

boxcar
03-04-2010, 10:48 AM

Maybe it's not so much the wages per se as the taxes. If the government cut spending and our taxes, this would be akin to a huge pay raise, would it not? Would not tax cuts put more of our own money back into our own pockets?

Boxcar

acorn54
03-04-2010, 11:09 AM
yes making government smaller would do that
i remember ronald regan saying he was going to make government smaller than i read in the paper at the end of his eight years how much bigger the government had gotten. that is when i knew smaller government was never going to happen.
if ronald regan didn't make government smaller then nobody is going to.

46zilzal
03-04-2010, 11:13 AM
yes making government smaller would do that
i remember ronald regan saying he was going to make government smaller than i read in the paper at the end of his eight years how much bigger the government had gotten. that is when i knew smaller government was never going to happen.
if ronald regan didn't make government smaller then nobody is going to.
Little Ronnie owed favors to the cronies who put him there...

DJofSD
03-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Little Ronnie owed favors to the cronies who put him there...
Ya, but, little Ronnie is dead and long since out of office.

ArlJim78
03-04-2010, 11:24 AM
get used to it the party is over. our standard of living has to go down now. we've been living in a bubble world with credit card mentality charging and borrowing in order to feel rich. I don't just mean consumers, also the government at all levels. as a nation we will be forced to start living within our means.

Tom
03-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Declare all credit card debt erased, let the banks fail, and the people survive.
Start fresh, people out of hock, and who cares about the banks?

Buy the government a dictionary and make them look up "usury"

acorn54
03-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Declare all credit card debt erased, let the banks fail, and the people survive.
Start fresh, people out of hock, and who cares about the banks?

Buy the government a dictionary and make them look up "usury"

your entering moral hazard when you forgive people from the obligations to pay back what they borrowed. they will just repeat bad habits of borrowing again and again.
like someone on the board states ultimately when you protect a population from their folly you end up with a population of fools.