PDA

View Full Version : Rain Forecasted Once Again For Santa Anita On Saturday

Zenyatta To Crush
03-03-2010, 08:29 PM
What else is new? I'm getting tired of all these cancellations. Saturday looks to be a very good card too. There's a 70% chance of rain on Saturday and a 50% chance on Sunday. You never know with these weather forecasts but even if it doesn't rain that much, the stupid surface at Santa Anita won't be able to handle it.

Maybe we should hope for another cancellation and move all the stakes races back another week and then March 13 will be an all stakes day at Santa Anita with Zenyatta being the headliner. Watch that day get cancelled too and really screw up Zenyatta's schedule.

andymays
03-03-2010, 08:38 PM
What else is new? I'm getting tired of all these cancellations. Saturday looks to be a very good card too. There's a 70% chance of rain on Saturday and a 50% chance on Sunday. You never know with these weather forecasts but even if it doesn't rain that much, the stupid surface at Santa Anita won't be able to handle it.

Maybe we should hope for another cancellation and move all the stakes races back another week and then March 13 will be an all stakes day at Santa Anita with Zenyatta being the headliner. Watch that day get cancelled too and really screw up Zenyatta's schedule.

I think it's Toms fault. I think I read in another thread he was hoping for rain.

Hanover1
03-03-2010, 10:46 PM

Any excuse is a good one.........

Robert Goren
03-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Who do they are? Mountaineer?;)

statik27
03-04-2010, 02:07 AM
I'm gonna be out there this weekend too, been planning this trip for a month. I doubt they'll cancel another card though, or at least I hope not lol.

Igeteven
03-04-2010, 02:09 AM

I HOPE IT RAINS CATS AND DOGS AND THEY HAVE TO SHUT DOWN THE TRACK

Dick Schmidt
03-04-2010, 02:29 AM
I live about a 15 minute drive from SA and its raining rather hard right now. This may be the Friday rain that was forcast arriving early or just a taste of what's to come.

Dick

Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain dance.

redshift1
03-04-2010, 03:29 AM
According to NOAA the heavier rain is predicted for Saturday night so unless things change the Saturday card looks safe, Sunday is more problematic and has the greater potential for cancellation.