PDA

View Full Version : Did Sanan spill the goods yesterday?

W2G
03-03-2010, 10:52 AM
On Steve Byk's show yesterday: “This is not going to be an easy decision for people to accept” ~Satish Sanan on the BC choosing SA as a permanent site. Interesting discussion, did anyone else listen? Although he mentioned once or twice that it's not official (yet), he was vigorous in his defense of the potential decision.

BluegrassProf
03-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Lil' BH blurb, in case anyone inconceivably missed Mr. Sanan's brilliant smiling mug:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/55672/breeders-cup-leaning-toward-permanent-host

"The last two years (at Santa Anita) have been very successful,” Sanan said. “It’s the best site to do it.”

FenceBored
03-03-2010, 12:08 PM
On Steve Byk's show yesterday: “This is not going to be an easy decision for people to accept” ~Satish Sanan on the BC choosing SA as a permanent site. Interesting discussion, did anyone else listen? Although he mentioned once or twice that it's not official (yet), he was vigorous in his defense of the potential decision.

I haven't listened to yesterday's conversation yet, but Mr. Sanan has been rather candid about his preference for SA as a permanant home for some months now.

Blowing in off the crosswind we have this:

A bill passed by a [Ky] Senate committee Tuesday would force the Breeders' Cup to commit by Nov. 4 to running the 2011 or 2012 event in Kentucky in order to qualify for a pari-mutuel tax break this year.
-- http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100302/SPORTS08/3020325/1037/SPORTS08/Senate+panel+OKs+bill+to+force+Breeders++Cup+commi tment

dutzman
03-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Mr. Gaines is rolling in his grave after what these people have done and will continue to do to the Breeder's Cup.

andymays
03-03-2010, 12:33 PM
California has way more influence than people think when it comes to deal making. Right or wrong they will probably get what they want. And if anyone thinks they're thinking about what the fans and Horselayers want they would be wrong. It's all about the money and the influence.

If HRTV and TVG weren't based in California and didn't carry California tracks as their premier tracks where would California racing be? How about nowhere? It's all about the deal making.

Hold that thought. I just saw this:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/55672/breeders-cup-leaning-toward-permanent-host
Excerpt:

Sanan said he believes Santa Anita will replace its synthetic surface with dirt. He admitted he’s “not a fan of synthetic surfaces,” but said a host-site decision shouldn’t be based on “dirt versus synthetic.”

--------------------------------------------------

The man knows what he's talking about! :ThmbUp: :lol: ;)

redshift1
03-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Ironically one the reasons to base the BC at SA is the seasonally good weather and visually SA is perfect for HD-broadcasts. As a fan I would rather watch racing on synthetics than rain and mud.

johnhannibalsmith
03-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Ironically one the reasons to base the BC at SA is the seasonally good weather and visually SA is perfect for HD-broadcasts. As a fan I would rather watch racing on synthetics than rain and mud.

The only issue here is that those tracks that turn to mud when it rains - at least they still have races.

W2G
03-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Satish Sanan has been formally scolded. I hope he remains as honest, entertaining and outspoken in the future, although more discrete.

http://www.breederscup.com/content.aspx?id=45099

redshift1
03-03-2010, 02:30 PM
The only issue here is that those tracks that turn to mud when it rains - at least they still have races.

Main Entry: sea·son·al
Pronunciation: \ˈsēz-nəl, ˈsē-zən-əl\
Function: adjective
Date: 1838
1 : of, relating to, or varying in occurrence according to the season <seasonal storms>
2 : affected or caused by seasonal need or availability <seasonal industries>

johnhannibalsmith
03-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Thank you for that. It doesn't rain in November... got it.

W2G
03-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Pardon the typo, of course I meant to type "discreet", not "discrete".

46zilzal
03-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Mr. Gaines is rolling in his grave after what these people have done and will continue to do to the Breeder's Cup.
Even though he came up with it, a few of the atherosclerotic insiders made him release his stewardship and then others passed it off as their baby

PaceAdvantage
03-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Even though he came up with it, a few of the atherosclerotic insiders made him release his stewardship and then others passed it off as their babyOh, we're all SOOOOO impressed....