PDA

View Full Version : JOE WOODARD IN PHILLY

lamboguy
03-02-2010, 08:07 AM
i see he has horses now in philly park. he has a horse today that got beat $15,000 nw3 in for $25,000 nw3. i just wonder why he thinks that the kentucky races are that much better than the philly races? the quarter in philly has about $15,000 more for a purse than the kentucky race.

Onion Monster
03-02-2010, 11:11 AM
I haven't handicapped that race yet, so I don't know about that horse's particular chances (5-2 on the ML, though). But you have to upgrade the chances of any shipper from the other circuits coming to Philly. Just as you, usually, should downgrade any mid-Atlantic shipper going to KY or NY.

castaway01
03-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Wow, he and that polytrack horse won big there...what a machine that Woodard is. :lol:

Mineshaft
03-02-2010, 07:32 PM
i see he has horses now in philly park. he has a horse today that got beat $15,000 nw3 in for $25,000 nw3. i just wonder why he thinks that the kentucky races are that much better than the philly races? the quarter in philly has about $15,000 more for a purse than the kentucky race.

i agree i guess he thinks Philly is easier but guess what it aint easy at Philly.

lamboguy
03-02-2010, 08:39 PM
i agree i guess he thinks Philly is easier but guess what it aint easy at Philly.
i have the average philly quarter twice as tough as the turfway 15. its a little differnt if he goes to penn national, but that's getting pretty tough these days. they now have jammie there with a full complement of horses coming from tampa. joe woodard will figure it out fast i am sure, its only the second horse he ran in the place an he got dusted. his owner must have bet the horse pretty good today.

lamboguy
03-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I haven't handicapped that race yet, so I don't know about that horse's particular chances (5-2 on the ML, though). But you have to upgrade the chances of any shipper from the other circuits coming to Philly. Just as you, usually, should downgrade any mid-Atlantic shipper going to KY or NY.i kinda upgrade it the opposite way these days. winter racing at turfway is not what it used to be, the purses suck there now. so if the good outfits are going to play for the cheap purses they go to tampa for the weather

Onion Monster
03-02-2010, 09:04 PM
I thought the trip did that horse in more than the condition. Rail and speed were pretty good today.

In retrospect he was an underlay at 2-1, but if you play Philly you have to respect any shipper.

lamboguy
03-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I thought the trip did that horse in more than the condition. Rail and speed were pretty good today.

In retrospect he was an underlay at 2-1, but if you play Philly you have to respect any shipper.philly is pretty tough these days. i had a horse that ran 2nd first out in calder msw that got dusted for $40k mcl. they have horses coming over from new york getting beat all the time in philly. its not like in the summer when you get real good churchill horses that come up north and shine, philly is where the money is today.

Mineshaft
03-02-2010, 11:46 PM
i think Woodward also ran one Monday at Philly.

Yep just looked it up 7th race dont know what the horse did.

Mineshaft
03-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Ran 2nd with a MSW 7th race at 5/2 odds

Mineshaft
03-02-2010, 11:49 PM
i have the average philly quarter twice as tough as the turfway 15. its a little differnt if he goes to penn national, but that's getting pretty tough these days. they now have jammie there with a full complement of horses coming from tampa. joe woodard will figure it out fast i am sure, its only the second horse he ran in the place an he got dusted. his owner must have bet the horse pretty good today.

agree Turfway horses could not hit the board at Philly. Its a different kind of racing these days at Philly compared to Turfway.

mannyberrios
03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
:1: agree Turfway horses could not hit the board at Philly. Its a different kind of racing these days at Philly compared to Turfway.:1: I agree! racing at Philly is getting better these days!

wonatthewire1
03-03-2010, 09:51 PM

Kristin Mulhall (California) had one in at Penn National tonight (Oscar the Mayor) in the 1st; went off at 1.1-1 in a $5K NW2L claimer. Two works showing in my program - has been at PEN since at least Feb 19th. Was 2nd to a last out PEN maiden winner at $5K

lamboguy
03-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Kristin Mulhall (California) had one in at Penn National tonight (Oscar the Mayor) in the 1st; went off at 1.1-1 in a $5K NW2L claimer. Two works showing in my program - has been at PEN since at least Feb 19th. Was 2nd to a last out PEN maiden winner at $5Kthat horse ran better than i expected because i didn't know if she could get her horse ready to make the surface switch, but the horse ran against a little better in california.