PDA

View Full Version : SOX set the BAR.

Suff
07-05-2003, 09:38 AM
Just to give you an idea of how well the redsox are playing and How Badly they beat the Yankees yesterday.

They hit 7 homeruns,,,, the most the Yankees have ever given up in THIER ENTIRE HISTORY in one game.

But consider this,,,,The sox have 6 or more Homeruns in a game....3 times in the last 29 days!!!!!

David Wells. Lol... Yea right Wells. David Wells is going to shut down this lineup? LOL....Thats Funny. Yesterday was the SHOT heard around the league. The sox...with a Bullpen would be 63-15.

They only lose to themselves....NO ONE in Baseball has beatan up on the SOX. The Sox have lost games...but not been beatan.

Yesterday in the Bronx....NY took note. As Did the Baseball world.

That Team gets pitching and NO ONE will beat them.

Suff
07-05-2003, 03:23 PM
8-0 sox in the 6th.

Plenty of EMPTY seats on the Yankee bandwagon after Today.

Now we'll see who is a Baseball Fan and who is a WINNER's Fan.

No skin to root for the champs....Now root for a baseball team. Playing like chumps.

PaceAdvantage
07-05-2003, 04:01 PM
Puleez......season ain't even half over yet...

Who's still in first????

Suff
07-05-2003, 04:14 PM
but the "WHOOPINS" we're laying on you guys is Frightening.

Any reasonable person can see....that 2 game lead will disappear quicker than a Dollar Bill in a strip joint.

As in........................Monday.

Tom
07-05-2003, 05:42 PM
How many Whoopppin Rings equal a World Series Ring?
:D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

Another 80-90 years and the Sox might beat the Yanks overall recods in the series!
;)

Suff
07-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Tom
How many Whoopppin Rings equal a World Series Ring?
:D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek:

Another 80-90 years and the Sox might beat the Yanks overall recods in the series!
;)

We've won 5. That places us 5th all time in HOW MANY a franchise has won.

Additionally...We hosted and Won the very first World Series.

So I believe a little respect is due.

In this series, Wins Spend. Championships are foot stools.

Its nice to have the 25 championships to fall back on when the Team is getting beat this bad. So I'm Glad to see your using the championships. It shows that you see what I see. We're a much better ball club right now.

PaceAdvantage
07-05-2003, 07:44 PM
But, who's still in FIRST PLACE??? LOL

That's what REALLY counts in the PRESENT.....;)

Storm Cadet
07-05-2003, 07:56 PM
This happens each year...Yanks have 3-4 game lead...Bosox come into NY and whip their butts 3 maybe 4 straight...but in the end...we all know that Pedro will break down quicker than a cheap $5000 claimer...yada yada yada...the Sox will fold down the stretch and the Yanks will end up in 1st...how many times has this happened the past 4-5 years...Bosox don't make wild card!;)

The pennant race will look like Volponi trying to catch Mineshaft today...under a hand ride!!!

Suff
07-06-2003, 06:40 AM
Ok,,,,Today its your GO TO guy. Petite. Against our war horse, washed up John Burkett.

This game is a "should win " for the YANKS.

And IMHO. If you don't win Today. Your Season is over. You will not win the wild card either. The AL central is to tough. I expect the wild card to come from there.

So basically....Yanks win today or thier season is over.

Suff
07-06-2003, 09:56 AM
The Boston boys are having a Field day with the Yankee Fans over on ESPN's Baseball Board.

Sooo Enjoyable to see...

btw...you watch the game yesterday? Good 30% of the crowd was Boston Fans. 50% after the 7th inning. You guys are like LAKER fans.

Storm Cadet
07-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the gem today Andy...we need it with Pedro going tomorrow!

Boston chant::

Give me Liberty

or

Give me Death

and by the way...

Give the Yankees BABE RUTH

1918 :cool: :cool: :cool:

Suff
07-06-2003, 05:16 PM
good effort from Petite. Big swing Game Tommorrow. Will it be 2 or will it be 4.

andicap
07-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Sufferin,
Eating too many of those Boston beans?
Wild card coming from the AL Central? That's the weakest division in baseball. I mean the Royals are leading for chrissake.

I believe you are a smart man (for a Sox fan, anyway), so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you misspoke.

The wildcard will either be the Red Sox (you have a closer now), the Athletics, Blue Jays, or the Angels -- they're trailing now, but never count them out. Though if the Yanks keep pitching Clemens they might lose the division. Real Yankee fans have never considered him to be a bona fide Pinstriper.

The White Sox will win the AL Central with Alomar and Everett joining the team, Thomas will got hot. BTW, that has to be the surliest team ever! There's a reason Alomar has been traded so often -- not a real popular guy in the clubhouse.