PDA

View Full Version : No secret I have been bashing Frank Stronach

Igeteven
03-01-2010, 04:05 PM
No secret I have been bashing Frank Stronach.

As we all know I hate this man for what he has done to Santa Anita. After Saturday interview, I really don't know he can pull his own chain and get Santa Anita out of a class C track, back to an A track.

As of now , he needs major damage control and his advisers have to get him out the toilet before he is finally flush down the drain for the last time

Do you think Santa Anita can be saved or he has gone to far and we need to write off The Great Race Place and go some where else.

I can't bet a track that a loony tune is in charge.

Any comments to get the track back to where it belongs

Lester
A Gold Card Member ready to burn it in front of Santa Anita.

DJofSD
03-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I think SAX has one and only one more chance. At the end of this meeting, rip out the plastic dirt and rework the base, improve the drainage then put back what was there before -- dirt with nothing mixed in to "improve" it.

If Frank persists with his idea of using the sandy solution imported from Europe, forget it -- stick a fork in SAX, it's done.

therussmeister
03-01-2010, 07:34 PM
They are out of money, keeping the same surface. :confused: :( :eek: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :bang:

http://www.drf.com/news/article/111144.html

Kimsus
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I like the title of this thread, good honest hostility with no pretenses.

Greyfox
03-01-2010, 09:45 PM
I don't know Stronach, but when I saw him parading Ghost Zapper a few years ago he reminded me of a pompous strutting peacock.

Having said that, his employees apparently think very highly of how he treats them. As far as I can determine there are no unions in any of the Magna International Plants. He must be doing something right.

Saratoga_Mike
03-01-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't know Stronach, but when I saw him parading Ghost Zapper a few years ago he reminded me of a pompous strutting peacock.

Having said that, his employees apparently think very highly of how he treats them. As far as I can determine there are no unions in any of the Magna International Plants. He must be doing something right.

There are unions are Magna, represented by the CAW and UAW.

Greyfox
03-01-2010, 10:05 PM
There are unions are Magna, represented by the CAW and UAW.

Yes, it turns out that there are. Until 2007 there weren't any unions.
But if you look at why he reversed his no union stance, it was because he wanted a better toe hold in cross border competition with Unionized firms.

As it turns out, Magna "union" employees are more or less that in name alone.
They share in company profits.
The deal Stronach and Buzz Hargrove entered into had a "no strike" agreement.
Effectively, it's a union without teeth and one has to wonder what took place under the table.

The full story of Stronach allowing the Union in is at:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fpposted/archive/2007/10/19/magna-madness.aspx

Igeteven
03-02-2010, 12:10 AM
They are out of money, keeping the same surface. :confused: :( :eek: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :bang:

http://www.drf.com/news/article/111144.html

they maybe broke more then they let up too

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: