PDA

View Full Version : Hey guy's

BIG HIT
03-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Can you tell me how this works.?Amendment 28.
Say congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the united states.That does not apply equally to Senators or Representatives that does apply equally to citizens of the united states.
When obama he ignored Question.When some senators were ask same question there answer was will think about it which they did next day.
Announced that the kenndy health care bill was written into the new health initiative ensureing that congress will be 100% exempt.So this gret new health care plan for you and me is not good enough for obama and family and congress but good enough for us? This why people don't vote we never get a ballot for this stuff it has to be agianst the law.?

HUSKER55
03-01-2010, 04:09 PM
THE NEW BATTLE HYMM OF THE RUPUBLIC IS NO MORE INCUMBENTS.

NOW YOU KNOW WHY.

Leonard
03-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Say congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the united states.That does not apply equally to Senators or Representatives that does apply equally to citizens of the united states.
When obama he ignored Question.When some senators were ask same question there answer was will think about it which they did next day.
Announced that the kenndy health care bill was written into the new health initiative ensureing that congress will be 100% exempt.So this gret new health care plan for you and me is not good enough for obama and family and congress but good enough for us? This why people don't vote we never get a ballot for this stuff it has to be agianst the law.?

First, two thirds of the Senate and the House would have to pass the proposal so there is your answer right there.

PhantomOnTour
03-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Wish I could help you Bighit but I can't understand a darned thing you're trying to say because your grammar is putrid. Get an English textbook and re write your post...then you may get some help.

Bighit huh? Bighit of what????

BIG HIT
03-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Your right computer skills and grammer are bad.But what don't a smart guy like you don't understand.That is Amenment #28 copyed word for word which says they can't pass any bill like health care with out them being in same boat as us.Which they exempted themselves from 100%.Now hope you got it.
Also hope you fell better brow betting me only show your ignorance and take your word for it you better educated with well spoken english.
Can be a fool or ignorant to.Icopyed that word for word so tell fore fathers of country you have to be a phantom and hide like all won't bother hope help your understanding if not guess you will have to read what your fore farther's wrote which obviously haven't.All i ask was question right way phantom you do have issue's which one can only pity

Tom
03-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Wish I could help you Bighit but I can't understand a darned thing you're trying to say because your grammar is putrid. Get an English textbook and re write your post...then you may get some help.

What a clod!
If you have nothing to offer, why not just shut your mouth?
Your grammar is fine, it's your message that is putrid.
Pick up a dictionary and look up "class."

boxcar
03-01-2010, 07:26 PM
What a clod!
If you have nothing to offer, why not just shut your mouth?
Your grammar is fine, it's your message that is putrid.
Pick up a dictionary and look up "class."

Since there are several definitions to his noun, he would probably miss the one to which you're alluding. :D

Boxcar

mostpost
03-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Your right computer skills and grammer are bad.But what don't a smart guy like you don't understand.That is Amenment #28 copyed word for word which says they can't pass any bill like health care with out them being in same boat as us.Which they exempted themselves from 100%.Now hope you got it.
Also hope you fell better brow betting me only show your ignorance and take your word for it you better educated with well spoken english.
Can be a fool or ignorant to.Icopyed that word for word so tell fore fathers of country you have to be a phantom and hide like all won't bother hope help your understanding if not guess you will have to read what your fore farther's wrote which obviously haven't.All i ask was question right way phantom you do have issue's which one can only pity
Your grammar and spelling aren't the best, but it's your "facts" that I take issue with. There is no 28th amendment. To the best of my knowledge there has been no formally proposed amendment of the type you allude to. But some individuals have proposed consideration of such an amendment.
There are two ways to propose and pass an amendment to the Constitution.
A member of Congress may propose an amendment. It then requires approval by two thirds of the members of both houses. After the amendment has been passed by the Congress it is still not a part of the Constitution. It needs to be ratified. This requires a vote by the legislatures of three fourths of the states.
The second way is to convene a Constitutional Convention. This can be done at the request of two thirds of the members of Congress, or two thirds of the states. There has never been a Constitutional Convention called to amend the Constitution.

Amending the Constitution is a very difficult process. Only seventeen amendments have been approved in the more than 200 years since the Bill of Rights was added to the Constitution. Many times amendments are proposed or talked about for a solely political purpose. It's called demogogery (I know I didn't spell that right).

Now for the matter of this 28th amendment. It's based on faulty information. A good rule of thumb, Mr. Bighit, don't believe anything you read in an e-mail.
The claim is that members of Congress do not have to participate in the public option. That is true. They do not. NEITHER DOES ANYONE ELSE. Hence the word option. Anyone who has a policy which they like is free to keep that policy, whether it be a policy with a private company or a policy under the Federal Employees Health Benefits plan. Members of Congress are covered by FEHB as was I, as were all Federal employees.

An important thing to remember is that none of the present bills contains a public option. Here is a link to Snopes.com which discusses this issue.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/28thamendment.asp
Note the last paragraph.

mostpost
03-01-2010, 11:00 PM
First, two thirds of the Senate and the House would have to pass the proposal so there is your answer right there.
There is also the Constitutional Convention option, but since that has never been used it really isn't much of an option.

newtothegame
03-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Your grammar and spelling aren't the best, but it's your "facts" that I take issue with. There is no 28th amendment. To the best of my knowledge there has been no formally proposed amendment of the type you allude to. But some individuals have proposed consideration of such an amendment.
There are two ways to propose and pass an amendment to the Constitution.
A member of Congress may propose an amendment. It then requires approval by two thirds of the members of both houses. After the amendment has been passed by the Congress it is still not a part of the Constitution. It needs to be ratified. This requires a vote by the legislatures of three fourths of the states.
The second way is to convene a Constitutional Convention. This can be done at the request of two thirds of the members of Congress, or two thirds of the states. There has never been a Constitutional Convention called to amend the Constitution.

Amending the Constitution is a very difficult process. Only seventeen amendments have been approved in the more than 200 years since the Bill of Rights was added to the Constitution. Many times amendments are proposed or talked about for a solely political purpose. It's called demogogery (I know I didn't spell that right).

Now for the matter of this 28th amendment. It's based on faulty information. A good rule of thumb, Mr. Bighit, don't believe anything you read in an e-mail.
The claim is that members of Congress do not have to participate in the public option. That is true. They do not. NEITHER DOES ANYONE ELSE. Hence the word option. Anyone who has a policy which they like is free to keep that policy, whether it be a policy with a private company or a policy under the Federal Employees Health Benefits plan. Members of Congress are covered by FEHB as was I, as were all Federal employees.

An important thing to remember is that none of the present bills contains a public option. Here is a link to Snopes.com which discusses this issue.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/28thamendment.asp
Note the last paragraph.

Ummm most...can ya help here with some clarification please.......
So how does one get fined under this new health care proposed legisation???
I was almost sure that there was a provision in there mentioning fines......hmmmmmm:faint:

mostpost
03-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Ummm most...can ya help here with some clarification please.......
So how does one get fined under this new health care proposed legisation???
I was almost sure that there was a provision in there mentioning fines......hmmmmmm:faint:
What does this have to do with the subject which is are members of Congress exempt from provisions of the health care bill(s)? Answer: No!

At the risk of encouraging thread drift, I will answer your question. The proposed fines are for not having any insurance. They are not for not having insurance under the public option. In case you are wondering, I am all for those fines. If you don't have insurance, you had better be ready to pay full price out of pocket. Otherwise I am paying for your treatment.

skate
03-02-2010, 12:18 AM

And did you tell your mommy that your name is "PhantomOnTour"?

Ok ok ok , then what did she say...?

newtothegame
03-02-2010, 12:23 AM
What does this have to do with the subject which is are members of Congress exempt from provisions of the health care bill(s)? Answer: No!

At the risk of encouraging thread drift, I will answer your question. The proposed fines are for not having any insurance. They are not for not having insurance under the public option. In case you are wondering, I am all for those fines. If you don't have insurance, you had better be ready to pay full price out of pocket. Otherwise I am paying for your treatment.

So basically if they do not have insurance, they will be FORCED to the public option?? Or else be fined??? Yep, just what i thought....The public has to have (even if they do not wish to have) or expect fines. And your right, it is about Congress members. The problem is that congress knows they would not have to comply as insurance is part of the gig they hold...(till November if they pass it ) lol.

johnhannibalsmith
03-02-2010, 12:27 AM
... If you don't have insurance, you had better be ready to pay full price out of pocket. Otherwise I am paying for your treatment.

Does this qualify you as conservative per your bold statement about what constitutes a conservative in the thread about cutting education programs about a month ago?

BIG HIT
03-02-2010, 05:38 AM
Thank you for info.Yes it was e mailed to me and i like your full explanation sure sound's like something thier capable of doing.That e mail was part of interview with obama and question would have attached it but pix never come thru thank you agian.

Pace Cap'n
03-02-2010, 06:41 AM

And this is coming from a guy who can't even spell "enunciating".

PhantomOnTour
03-02-2010, 10:23 AM
And this is coming from a guy who can't even spell "enunciating".
Wrong. I was making a joke about Terry Wallace and said he can't announce or annunciate. Look up the word 'annunciate'....its basically the same as announce. Ya get it now?

My apologies to you BigHit. Didn't mean to be so mean. English must not be your first language.....but you gotta admit it out there folks, that post was tough to follow.

Geez, I somehow feel that if BigHit were discussing a topic that many of you right leaners on PA don't agree with, you too would slam his grammar.... and you know it. But since he's 'on your side' it's alllllllllllllll good ;)

BIG HIT
03-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Your was probably right could have been all that.Guess it just your way of gettimg back at the bullies at school that took your lunch at school.
But you had to read it complain about schoff on me for it.When a man who think's way above me with all that colledge and me just high school diploma.Could have gone to next thread
You are just really Rude and have prove nothing your back handed apology really mean's nothing.But it's not your fault you were brought wrong they probably only had high school diploma.You have greatday it's out there as you say how small you really are.If your parent seen you in action they be proud.

Tom
03-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Eloquent. :ThmbUp: