PDA

View Full Version : A fine promo for the girl's meeting in the Apple Blossom

Grits
02-27-2010, 07:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3YEC_6I63g

It really would be nice if this could be seen live.

Somewhere, anywhere on television beyond HRTV or TVG.

It gives me chills. And I find it hard to understand WHY the world couldn't love a sport this exciting, and this beautiful. Even from the rear, going into the turn, flashing their shoes.

Its unbelievable.

What a great game!!!

Charlie D
02-27-2010, 08:13 PM

It gives me chills. And I find it hard to understand WHY the world couldn't love a sport this exciting, and this beautiful. Even from the rear, going into the turn, flashing their shoes.

Its unbelievable.

What a great game!!!

Could not agree more Grits.

The GREATEST GAME IN THE WORLD imho.

Charlie D
02-27-2010, 08:19 PM
And i hope it's as thrilling as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdYsb0tUD5s

Relwob Owner
02-27-2010, 08:23 PM

Its unbelievable.

What a great game!!!

I am with you.....I watched the Woodward again today and it just sent chills down my spine. I really think a large part of it is the lack of people being introduced to the game in the first place. I bring friends to the track a lot who have never been and they have an awesome time and almost always want to come back....

CincyHorseplayer
02-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Yep,the hair on my neck stood up watching that.:ThmbUp:

And we'll get to watch them do it 3 times.

Hopefully.

Grits
02-28-2010, 01:00 PM
http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/triplecrowntalk/archive/2010/02/26/races-for-the-ages-starting-to-come-together.aspx

Working on the televised thing.

"Many have questioned Cella's decision to have the race on a Friday instead of a weekend. I may be in the minority here, but I think it can be a good move. For those of you that think it will be a late afternoon post, you are way off. I was told by the same source that the race will likely be scheduled for 6:45 p.m. CDT, which would make it a prime time event on the East Coast. If it were held on the Saturday or Sunday of that weekend, the Masters golf tournament might overlap the pre-race coverage. A Friday night horse racing might seem a bit unorthodox at first mention, but it will also have a new, exciting feel that could work out just fine."

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 01:08 PM
It is going to be a great race, but can we honestly say these are the two best horses in training?

Right now Quality Road appears to be significantly better than anything either of the two girls have ever been.

I don't think either would be competitive with him on a fast dirt track going the 9f distance.

Saratoga_Mike
02-28-2010, 01:11 PM
It is going to be a great race, but can we honestly say these are the two best horses in training?

Right now Quality Road appears to be significantly better than anything either of the two girls have ever been.

I don't think either would be competitive with him on a fast dirt track going the 9f distance.

Absolutely agree! QR has run one huge race on his favorite track, so that obviously eclipses Z's spotless record and her Breeders' Cup Classic win, as well as Rachel's Preakness win and her win in the Woodward against older horses. :rolleyes:

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Absolutely agree! QR has run one huge race on his favorite track, so that obviously eclipses Z's spotless record and her Breeders' Cup Classic win, as well as Rachel's Preakness win and her win in the Woodward against older horses. :rolleyes:

I am a fan of Zenyatta, but Quality Road has run nothing but great races on fast dirt tracks. It isn't Gulfstream, it is a fast strip that he likes. Just check out his track record at Saratoga. Last I checked Saratoga and Gulfstream were a few thousand miles apart.

He is a legit 120+ beyer horse that we get every few years. Probably the most talented in quite some time.

bisket
02-28-2010, 01:20 PM
i really feel the answer to the question grits asked is to nationalize the game. right now each state has its own set of rules to do things, and its impossible for folks to follow. each state is worried only with itself, and makes negotiating tv contracts next to impossible. the current situation with the triple crown tv contract is the best example of this. with so many sets of rules it also makes the issue with drugs and peformance enhancers hard to manage. in my opinion the situation is similar to baseball in the early 1900's before the anti-trust exemption. the fact that every state has its own regulating agency makes this type national action by the federal government an even harder bridge to cross. its a sad situation.

Saratoga_Mike
02-28-2010, 01:24 PM
I am a fan of Zenyatta, but Quality Road has run nothing but great races on fast dirt tracks. It isn't Gulfstream, it is a fast strip that he likes. Just check out his track record at Saratoga. Last I checked Saratoga and Gulfstream were a few thousand miles apart.

He is a legit 120+ beyer horse that we get every few years. Probably the most talented in quite some time.

I actually hope you're right, but be honest you weren't touting him as better than RA and Z prior to his Donn Victory. It was one race over his favorite strip, imo.

Relwob Owner
02-28-2010, 01:36 PM

Yeah, what a superstar....he runs about three or four times a year and he has to have subpar competition plus a fast dirt track to win.....qualities of a champion......you take every thread to Quality Road and it is boring.....we get it, you like him, move on

Grits
02-28-2010, 01:46 PM

I WILL ASK YOU, ONE TIME, MOYERS POND.

PLEASE, DON'T TAKE THIS THREAD OFF TOPIC, IF YOU DON'T MIND!

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT QUALITY ROAD.

Bruddah
02-28-2010, 02:49 PM

You may be right but he had his chances to run against both and come up waaaaaaaaay short.

He ran great Beyer figures early in the season last year at GP...remember. He could never duplicate them against the two girls.

He was my Ky Derby pick last year. I am of the opinion, once a head case, always a head case.

Sorry Grits, I apologize and will get back on topic.

Moyers Pond
02-28-2010, 02:58 PM
You may be right but he had his chances to run against both and come up waaaaaaaaay short.

He ran great Beyer figures early in the season last year at GP...remember. He could never duplicate them against the two girls.

He was my Ky Derby pick last year. I am of the opinion, once a head case, always a head case.

Sorry Grits, I apologize and will get back on topic.

I won't hijack the thread, but obviously you don't have your facts straight. Let's just leave the thread alone.

CincyHorseplayer
02-28-2010, 04:13 PM
This is why the girls are stealing the show=they don't take months off between starts once their season begins.

Hanover1
02-28-2010, 04:31 PM
I guess the big networks cannot get the ad revenue they feel they deserve for showing the race? Shame on them imo.

Relwob Owner
02-28-2010, 06:42 PM
I won't hijack the thread, but obviously you don't have your facts straight. Let's just leave the thread alone.

I am glad we have that in writing..........

Cratos
02-28-2010, 08:47 PM

Its unbelievable.

What a great game!!!

Thanks for posting the link; it is very, very good