PDA

View Full Version : The people of Gander

boomman
02-27-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm sure many Americans just saw the amazing story presented by Tom Brokaw of NBC detailing the incredible kindness of the people of Gander in Newfoundland, Canada on 9-11 to 9-15-01. He is correct in assuming that many Americans had no idea (I know I didn't) what took place there when 7000 people were stranded by the events of 9-11-01. I must say I am humbled by this show of humanity, and thanks to Tom and NBC for showing a side of this story that I know many of us had never seen:( I am humbled by the kindness of the Canadian people, even hearing right before that the story of the mother of the US bobsledder who had lost her money in an internet scam only for the Canadian people to graciously and unselfishly offer their homes for FREE so that she could attend the games. This reminds me so much of my late father and mother who would do ANYTHING for ANYBODY. I sincerely hope that is my legacy on this earth as well.

As a proud American, I am equally proud to say:

Thank You Canada!

And God Bless you and yours!!!!

Boomer

Dave Schwartz
02-27-2010, 06:43 PM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Tom
02-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Dittos, but I have seen that show a few times now.
They play it every September.

Trotman
02-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Boomman very nice post :ThmbUp: Canadians think of American's as friends and what we do for others is all from the heart.