PDA

View Full Version : Joyce's Angel and Fantasy Lane Stable

GARY Z
02-27-2010, 12:41 PM
quote:

course, there will also be a lot of sentimental wagering on Saturday. The story behind Joyce’s Angel has moved many. Part-owner Ron Hershey has said that he would like nothing more than one win by his filly for Joyce DeVogel, the now deceased family friend for whom Joyce’s Angel is named and who passed away from cancer last November. He and his family plan to be on hand for the race and – make no mistake – the emotion will be high if she wins.

TVG did a great spot on this filly and owners who explained they named this filly after a youngster who wanted to come to NJ to see Rachel run
in the Haskell.
This youngster was diagnosed with Cancer last year,
and while I missed the beginning of the story, Fantasy Lane arranged
for Joyce to come to NJ for a day at MTH as the parents of Joyce could not
afford to pay for the trip.The owners bought a pink baseball cap
for Joyce named in her honor, and they will be wearing these
caps today in her honor.

TVG really presented a great story, and you have to love these owners
as they talked about Joyce with not a dry eye out there(including me)
There was mention on the day Joyce passed the filly suddenly began
to work better and Alan Seewald was comparing her to
uptowncharleybrown.

The filly runs in today's 7th race,with Rosie Homeister

God bless this filly and her owners!

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

sandpit
02-27-2010, 09:19 PM
Great story worth following as she goes forward. Just got beat in the last strides today, but tough to win at seven furlongs. Hopefully she wins next time out for everyone involved. :ThmbUp:

GARY Z
02-27-2010, 10:31 PM
My thoughts as well!

Best,

Gary

statik27
02-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Nice to see a small partnership like fantasy lane get not one, but two good 3yo's. This is a nice moving filly and shouldn't stay a maiden for much longer. Plus how can you not root for a story like that.

lamboguy
02-28-2010, 05:00 AM
i agree, those people seem to be having alot of fun at the game as well. they turned down alot of money for uptown charlie brown. good luck to each and every one of those people in the fantasy stable.

sandpit
04-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Joyce's Angel won today at Tampa, coming from well back to get the win...congratulations to everyone involved; I'm sure it was a special day as the Angel won on Easter Weekend. :jump:

Rackon
04-03-2010, 10:52 PM
A very nice win by a promising filly - congrats to the Fantasy Lane gang!

fmolf
04-03-2010, 10:57 PM
A very nice win by a promising filly - congrats to the Fantasy Lane gang!
congrats to fatasy lane stable ...finally something good in racing to brag about and tell people about amidst all that is wrong their are still some sensitive caring people in the game who realize it is not all about the money!
amen fantasy lane and god bless Joyce and the horse named for her!

born2ride
04-03-2010, 11:49 PM
This is a really wonderful story. Joyce had an Angel looking over her today. Congrats to Fantasy Lane for the win, and kudos to them for naming the horse after after their friend.