PDA

View Full Version : Breeding, a case of life or death

Ejmenz
02-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Tragic accident at Marine World, my heartfelt condolences go out to the family of the fallen trainer.

The killer whale in question has now been involved in three human deaths, after the second death he was sold to Marine world to breed. He sired 13 calves, then this third incident occurred.

My question is can Marine World, in good conscience, allow any of those 13 baby whales to interact with humans?

I believe the people in this forum have a great deal of experience observing the effects of breeding, I'm interested in your opinions.

boxcar
02-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Tragic accident at Marine World, my heartfelt condolences go out to the family of the fallen trainer.

The killer whale in question has now been involved in three human deaths, after the second death he was sold to Marine world to breed. He sired 13 calves, then this third incident occurred.

My question is can Marine World, in good conscience, allow any of those 13 baby whales to interact with humans?

I believe the people in this forum have a great deal of experience observing the effects of breeding, I'm interested in your opinions.

They don't call them KILLER whales for nothing. Only man's pride and arrogance stands between the whale and the critter's freedom; for man believes he can tame anything. And those mammals are highly intelligent. They probably yearn to be free. That whale for certain should be cut loose.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
02-27-2010, 12:24 AM
This is the third time that Boxcar have agreed in the same month.

boxcar
02-27-2010, 12:53 AM
This is the third time that Boxcar have agreed in the same month.

And with whom have I agreed?

Boxcar

Robert Goren
02-27-2010, 01:00 AM
And with whom have I agreed?

Boxcar:blush: by my typing again. It should read. This is the third time in a month that I have agreed with Boxcar.

boxcar
02-27-2010, 01:15 AM
:blush: by my typing again. It should read. This is the third time in a month that I have agreed with Boxcar.

You're on the path to true enlightenment, my son. For while I'm not always right, nonetheless I'm never wrong. ;)

But seriously, Robert, I have a profound respect for God's creation. We mortals, while given dominion over the earth by God, are nevertheless just stewards of all his wonderful gifts. We were created a little lower than angels but a little higher than animals; therefore, I respect what God has given us to enjoy. Man should not abuse God's wonderful gifts, especially with those gifts with whom we can have a relationship and experience the enjoyment of their company and reciprocating love.

Boxcar

46zilzal
02-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Keep a wild animal with all it\s survival instincts intact, CAGED and somehow people think that their brain system is going to anthropomorphize some how

Pace Cap'n
02-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Keep a wild animal with all it\s survival instincts intact, CAGED and somehow people think that their brain system is going to anthropomorphize some how

By golly, Z got that one right.

boxcar
02-27-2010, 06:43 PM

Wonder what would happen to your brain if someone decided to keep you caged. Would you enjoy being caged for the rest of your life?

Boxcar

lilmegahertz
03-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Let's see....get a living creature that is supposed to live in a family unit, seperate it froom it's family, cage it, force it to learn tricks which it will not do in the wild, use it to entertain humans that only want to see the show and not consider the dark truth behind it and how did they think this would not happen? it's akin to circus elephants finally snapping and attacking their handlers. Ringling Bros has a list of charges that they get away with cause when the authorities close in they just transfer the elephant to a lesser known syndicate of theirs. My god....take this whale to Puget Sound and let it go where it was always meant to be. If you want to see tricks, just use the trainers.....

boxcar
03-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Let's see....get a living creature that is supposed to live in a family unit, seperate it froom it's family, cage it, force it to learn tricks which it will not do in the wild, use it to entertain humans that only want to see the show and not consider the dark truth behind it and how did they think this would not happen? it's akin to circus elephants finally snapping and attacking their handlers. Ringling Bros has a list of charges that they get away with cause when the authorities close in they just transfer the elephant to a lesser known syndicate of theirs. My god....take this whale to Puget Sound and let it go where it was always meant to be. If you want to see tricks, just use the trainers.....

Well stated! :ThmbUp: I wonder what part of "wild" these people don't understand.

Boxcar

chickenhead
03-01-2010, 07:27 PM
One of my favorite movies when I was a kid was Orca The Killer Whale with Richard Harris. I had to add it to my Netflix queue after hearing about this (I see it's up 200% in popularity on IMDB, no coincidence I'm sure).

boxcar
03-01-2010, 09:31 PM
One of my favorite movies when I was a kid was Orca The Killer Whale with Richard Harris. I had to add it to my Netflix queue after hearing about this (I see it's up 200% in popularity on IMDB, no coincidence I'm sure).

Great movie if that's the one I'm thinking about where the whale winds up killing Harris? Is that the one?

Boxcar

chickenhead
03-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Great movie if that's the one I'm thinking about where the whale winds up killing Harris? Is that the one?

Boxcar

Exactly the one. :ThmbUp: