PDA

View Full Version : Maxine Waters to NBC: Where's the Diversity?

andymays
02-26-2010, 05:04 PM
NBC Chastised by Congressional Black Caucus Members for Lack of Diversity

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/seton-motley/2010/02/26/nbc-chastised-congressional-black-caucus-members-lack-minority-hiring

Excerpt:

Two members of the Judiciary panel - Reps. Shelia Jackson-Lee (D-Texas) and Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) - ripped into (Comcast Chairman Brian) Roberts and (NBC President Jeff) Zucker for what they saw as the lack of diversity in programming and in the executive ranks at either company.

"There is no diversity on the Sunday morning talk shows," Jackson-Lee told NBC's Zucker.

Armed with lists of board members for both companies, Waters asked Roberts why Comcast had only one woman and one black man on its board. She then asked Zucker why NBC didn't currently have any black programming on NBC. "Is there some assumption that black programming is not profitable?" she asked him.

Zucker said that diversity was one of his strategic goals and that the company was trying to do better.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/seton-motley/2010/02/26/nbc-chastised-congressional-black-caucus-members-lack-minority-hiring#ixzz0ggM5RWwQ

andymays
02-26-2010, 05:07 PM
:lol:

NJ Stinks
02-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Yea, the network that brought us The Cosby Show is deliberately holding back.

Thanks for the new news "source", Andy. :sleeping:

andymays
02-26-2010, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the new news "source", Andy. :sleeping:

Quotes are quotes! :ThmbUp:

GaryG
02-26-2010, 05:53 PM
That butch KO clone on MSNBC should count for something....she(?) looks pretty dee-verse to me...

johnhannibalsmith
02-26-2010, 05:55 PM

Plus they gave brilliant, emmy-deprived, super-actor Ice-T a role as a New York police detective... my God, what more gratuity to people want????????

ArlJim78
02-26-2010, 05:59 PM
hahahaha, i love it. how long before the reverennnnddddd jacksonnnnnn calls a news conference and threatens to boycott.

andymays
02-26-2010, 06:00 PM
I think everyone is missing the point!

Most of the Anchors on MSNBC are always implying that everyone else is racist. Why don't those bunch of goofballs give up their jobs in the name of diversity? :lol:

Mr "Tingling Legs" has ratings in the crapper and yet he gets a Sunday show on NBC. Mr. Tingle needs to take a hike and let someone better than he is take over.

Tom
02-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Maxie, baby doll, where is the diversity in the BLACK Caucus?
You cluelesss bitch.

RaceBookJoe
02-26-2010, 08:37 PM
You cluelesss bitch.

Not too many reruns of Friends on BET either huh.

dylbert
02-26-2010, 09:38 PM
You cluelesss bitch.Post of the Year Nominee :ThmbUp:

rastajenk
02-26-2010, 09:38 PM
I thought that electing O'Bama would lead us into a post-racial society that has no need for something like "black programming." I guess that must be a coming feature in the post- post-racial generations.

JustRalph
02-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Sheila Jackson Lee ??? This SJacksonLee ?

On a visit to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Sheila Jackson Lee, a member of the House Science Committee's space subcommittee, asked if the Mars Pathfinder had taken an image of the flag Neil Armstrong planted there in 1969!

sandpit
02-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Sheila Jackson Lee ??? This SJacksonLee ?

On a visit to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Sheila Jackson Lee, a member of the House Science Committee's space subcommittee, asked if the Mars Pathfinder had taken an image of the flag Neil Armstrong planted there in 1969!

Classic, best laugh I've had all week :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlueShoe
02-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Reps. Shelia Jackson-Lee (D-Texas) and Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) - ripped into (Comcast Chairman Brian) Roberts and (NBC President Jeff) Zucker for what they saw as the lack of diversity in programming and in the executive ranks at either company.
Maxine Waters has been a radical leftist rabble rouser and bomb thrower her entire time in public office. Since she has come on the scene, I have never seen or heard her on the media when she was not shrieking about some issue in that shrill, strident voice. She could be the poster child for the stereotypical Angry Black Woman. She is also a hypocrite about blacks in the media. A few years ago she tried to get radio talk show host Larry Elder off of the air. Elder was on KABC 790AM and is a Conservative/Libertarian. Mr. Elder happens to be black. Waters may wish for more diversity and blacks in the media, but only if they are leftists.

PhantomOnTour
02-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Whats amusing and sad to me is that we still have folks who give Maxine Waters the time of day. Are you cats still interested in what she says? still up in arms? Everytime she pulls one of her idiotic stunts she still gets a reaction outta folks. If she's as pathetic as you say then why do you even give a hoot about her rants and claims? You only encourage her by giving her the attention.

Ignore her.

Tom
02-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Ignore who?

Sara?

:rolleyes:

PhantomOnTour
02-27-2010, 12:53 AM
Nice one Tom.

But you know where I'm coming from....Maxine is so putridly pathetic that she shouldnt even get the time of day from us. NOTHING she says interests or concerns me.