PDA

View Full Version : Jamgotchian versus the CHRB. Guess who wins?

andymays
02-26-2010, 05:40 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/55581/chrb-jamgotchian-settle-longstanding-lawsuit

Excerpt:

Responding in an e-mail, Jamgotchian, a longtime CHRB critic and litigant against the board over a variety of issues, wrote: "The CHRB wasted over $200,000 in state funds on this case which was caused solely by (former CHRB executive director) Ingrid Fermin and (former board chairman) Richard Shapiro's protection of their rogue steward, George Slender.

"Hopefully, all horseracing stewards will get this message and actually know the rules before taking action against any licensee," Jamgotchian added. "I'm pleased with yet another legal victory against the CHRB and hope that the CHRB will stop hiring stewards who believe that they are above the law and without oversight."

andymays
02-26-2010, 05:44 AM
Good for Jerry Jam! He has won yet another one with the CHRB.

There is no question in my mind that over the years the CHRB has not been an impartial body.

Hopefully things will change for the better with the CHRB but I'm not too optimistic.

Stillriledup
02-26-2010, 07:20 AM
This is an awesome victory for the good guys.

As a bettor, its imperative that races and judgments are on the up and up. I don't want judging that is biased. The worst thing for bettors is to have stewards who feel that they are 'above the law'.

Jerry Jam is awesome. If this happened to someone else, they might not have rocked the boat.

Now, there is precedent and judges need to know that they DO have to be held accountable.

Great victory for people who hate big brother playing god with their money.

rwwupl
02-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Glad to see this... it took too long,but better late than never. They tried to push him around and he pushed back.

Jerry Jamgotchian is a voice for the underdog... and that includes most of us involved in horse racing. :)

andymays
02-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Jerry owns and races well over 100 horses. He is the only owner I know of who consistently speaks up for Horseplayers. On more than one occasion he has spoken against raising takeout. :ThmbUp:

That makes him a friend of the Horseplayer and a friend of Horse Racing! :ThmbUp:

turfnsport
02-26-2010, 12:33 PM
I heard in the ruling he also gets a parking spot right under the security camera.

andymays
02-26-2010, 01:16 PM
I heard in the ruling he also gets a parking spot right under the security camera.

He wins every time so he can probably get whatever he wants at this point.

If there is one thing people can take away from this is that in some cases the Racing Officials are the problem. They grandstand for the public every chance they get and they hold meetings where the outcome is fixed prior to the meeting. Some of them are good people and some aren't. Unfortunately it seems like the bad ones have most of the control.

Good for Jerry Jam!