PDA

View Full Version : Carol Cedeno -- Philadelphia -- Turning it Around

jayfree41
02-23-2010, 01:47 PM
I think Cedeno is finally turning it around after a bad start at Philadelphia. Watch out for her. I just nailed a generous pick 3 with her again at 13-1.

I don't know where she went -- she was gone for awhile? Nonetheless, she is getting back in the swing of things -- she's good off the pace.

Pell Mell
02-23-2010, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=jayfree41]I think Cedeno is finally turning it around after a bad start at Philadelphia. Watch out for her. I just nailed a generous pick 3 with her again at 13-1.

I don't know where she went -- she was gone for awhile? Nonetheless, she is getting back in the swing of things -- she's good off the pace.[/QUOT

She was gone to have a baby.

castaway01
02-23-2010, 07:06 PM
While Cedeno showed some riding ability as an apprentice, even after today's win she's 4 for 66 this meet, so let's not get too excited.

jayfree41
02-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Yes it's true -- but those 3 now 4 wins came in the last week.

CincyHorseplayer
02-23-2010, 08:48 PM

Yep.Catching them when their hot means a lot more than just plunking down bets on 25% jocks.

I have a jockey named Juan Enriquez I ride every year when he gets hot here in Ohio.

Onion Monster
02-23-2010, 10:16 PM
She is a decent jock for Philly Park. She worked out a good ground-saving trip today, but she is usually oblivious to any kind of bias (the rail was awful today) or her horses preferred running style. Yesterday she won on a Smarty Jones firster that was tons the best (sneaky move by that barn in that Stewart Elliott was named on their other firster and that one attracted more action).

She's a cuter version of Joe Hampshire; she'll give you an honest effort. The story of the Philly jock colony is the apprentice Gary Wales. He has already shown the desire to send a horse and scrape the inner rail and has won a couple of races with some late moves. Other than Anthony Black, he's probably the best speed jock in town right now.

jayfree41
02-24-2010, 08:06 AM
I totally agree about Gary Wales. He is excellent. It will be interesting to see how he does, though, when he loses the weight advantage.

Yes, also, Anthony Black is a monster on the front end. I saw him win on a 25-1 bomber on the front end a couple of weeks ago.

castaway01
02-24-2010, 01:51 PM

That's true, but I guess I do better following hot trainers than hot jockeys...nothing against Carol though, hope things go better for her.

Stillriledup
12-10-2014, 01:09 PM
CAROL!
Race 2 at Laurel, bombs away!

(not that i had win or the exacta or a few show bets or anything ;) )