PDA

View Full Version : HorseStreet Downtime Coming

Dave Schwartz
02-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Sometime in the next 2-3 weeks we are going to change internet providers. This is going to create a unique set of problems for us (and you).

As crazy as it sounds, we are going to be without internet or TELEPHONE for as long as 7-10 DAYS!

Yes, I said DAYS!

The reason is highly technical (and equally stupid). It is also 100% out of our control.

The good news is that when all is finished we will have significantly increased our speed (by a factor 0f 12) and reduced our cost by a factor of 4!

Right now the target for this shut down is Wednesday, March 3rd, but this could change.

When we go down, we will be limited to cell-phone service, and the Handicapper's Desktop (which is accessible from your H6 toolbar). The Handicapper's desktop will be our only internet conduit for information exchange between you and us.

We will also keep a presence on PaceAdvantage.com.
The BBS will be totally unavailable during this period.

Obviously, we will not be able to schedule classes until this issue is finished.

I absolutely hate the inconvenience this will cause everyone but we just have no other choice.

Please stay tuned here, the Handicapper's Desktop and HorsetStreet.com for temporary telephone numbers and other update information. I will post the numbers as soon as I have them.

Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Dave Schwartz
04-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Well, we have put this off as long as possible. We know have a definite date for this to happen:

We will be changing our telecom provider on May 3rd, 2010. As crazy as it sounds we will lose our telephones and internet connection for two weeks during the switch over. Check back here for temporary contact information during that period.

I have also created a Google Group - Dave Schwartz's World of Horse Racing. You will always be able to find viable contact information there.
http://groups.google.com/group/dave-schwartzs-world-of-horse-racing